Advertisement

How would you describe yourself (metaphor)

General Support and Advice - Welcome to Psychlinks Psychology Self-Help & Mental Health Support Forums: I would describe myself as a hardly damaged building after an earthquake.As all of you know some damaged buildings can ...

1. Question How would you describe yourself (metaphor)

I would describe myself as a hardly damaged building after an earthquake.As all of you know some damaged buildings can be mended and used again,but some buildings are so hardly damaged that there is no way to rescue them.The only way is to collapse the building and to rebuild another building.I am the hardly damaged building.There is no way to rescue me.I will collapse soon.For now, while waiting to be collapsed,some people walking around the building are putting stones under some parts of the building in order to make the building stand a little more before falling down.The rocks are my kids,which I take energy from.But sooner or later the building will collapse.
    People try not to walk near that building,because they are afraid that when the building falls,the dust can make them dirty.So the people are scared,go away.Only the children go near that building to play,while playing children put some stones under some parts of the building.
    So how would you describe yourselves?

2. Advertisement

Re: How would you describe yourself(metaphore)

I would say the mind (even with a mood or adjustment disorder) is more like software in that most of the problems/errors/bugs can be identified and recoded.
    "What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

4. Re: How would you describe yourself(metaphore)

Sorry but I did not understand your answer.Can you be more clear.

Re: How would you describe yourself(metaphore)

Well, if you take cognitive behavior therapy, part of it is recognizing certain errors like:

Cognitive Distortions: Ten forms of twisted thinking - Psychlinks Psychology Self-Help & Mental Health Forum

The thread above includes an example about Hamlet that I find very helpful.
    "What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

6. Re: How would you describe yourself(metaphore)

So, I have twisted thinking.
    a portrayal of a tortured, depressed young man who loses his way in the labyrinth of his negative thoughts"
    I lost my way in my negative thoughts.Which numbers do reflect me?
    What if I am right?Can you answer my metaphore.Even the god can not prevent the building from falling down.It is logical isnt it?

Re: How would you describe yourself(metaphor)

I would describe myself as a single star dancing in the twilight of time,ever glowing.
    Wisdom is knowing I am nothing
    Love is knowing I am everything
    And between the two
    my life moves

I'm rather like my birth month flower, the daffodil. I appear fragile, yet my brightness flowers even amongst the snow and frost, and is not diminished.

I see my mind like a derelict house at times. But a derelict house can be repaired and restored. The process of that is a delicate and precious one.

I'd describe myself as a ball of yarn.