More threads by Curious

Curious

I have been diagnosed with being high strung. I allow negative actions to rule me instead of vice versa. Why do I allow this to happen in the first place? Could be not understanding the negative thought in the first place. Now I have had memory problems of not remembering things for four days. I know how to get where I am going, but can't remember the name of the town. The word Alzheimers comes to mind. I love my wife, but she has Hyperglycemia and I worry about her.

It seems one thing happens to me again and again. If she didn't need me I would put myself in a mental health facility. I am human and can take so much in problems I am getting extremely emotional and mentally confronted with these always happening situations. I take my medicines and see my regular doctor every three months. I am now feeling that have taken on more problems that I can handle. High Strung

Retired

Re: Anxiety As Fear.

I have been diagnosed with being high strung. I allow negative actions to rule me instead of vice versa. Why do I allow this to happen in the first place?

Remember what David Baxter responded long ago, regarding the term "high strung"

It's not a diagnosis, but your own description of issues you are trying to deal with.

See if these articles might help address your questions:

Depression Doing the Thinking | Psychology Today

The Four Keys to Overcoming Negative Thinking For Good - Mrs. Mindfulness

Curious

Re: Anxiety As Fear.

Steve,
Thank you for the information on caregivers, working on it. In my early years had burn out, got ove it. Paul

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.