More threads by mochilero

pip

Personally, it's certainly helped me (haha, possibly even made me slightly arrogant).

I'm not sure if I'm doing it right, but I tend to make it a point to compliment myself. Instead of looking in the mirror every morning (or avoiding it) and thinking I'm ugly, stupid, blah blah blah.

I tell myself I'm gorgeous. I put on a teensy bit of makeup, I dress up in clothes I like, and I walk out to tell my boyfriend/roommate/cat/myself/whoever is in the living room about how gorgeous I am. Honestly, my cats are used to looking at me like I'm nutty.

When I'm in a situation where other people are yelling not nice things at me, I have developed this habit of sticking my chin up in the air and telling them they're mistaken, I *AM* intelligent, and beautiful, and a nice person to boot.

I think it works, but it definitely needs outside reinforcement: I was lucky in that I had other people tell me they love me and I'm gorgeous.

My problem was more that I felt unloveable. I didn't think anyone could love me at all for various reasons such as my being ugly, or stupid, or annoying etc.

pip

Personally, it's certainly helped me (haha, possibly even made me slightly arrogant).

I'm not sure if I'm doing it right, but I tend to make it a point to compliment myself. Instead of looking in the mirror every morning (or avoiding it) and thinking I'm ugly, stupid, blah blah blah.

I tell myself I'm gorgeous. I put on a teensy bit of makeup, I dress up in clothes I like, and I walk out to tell my boyfriend/roommate/cat/myself/whoever is in the living room about how gorgeous I am. Honestly, my cats are used to looking at me like I'm nutty.

When I'm in a situation where other people are yelling not nice things at me, I have developed this habit of sticking my chin up in the air and telling them they're mistaken, I *AM* intelligent, and beautiful, and a nice person to boot.

I think it works, but it definitely needs outside reinforcement: I was lucky in that I had other people tell me they love me and I'm gorgeous.

My problem was more that I felt unloveable. I didn't think anyone could love me at all for various reasons such as my being ugly, or stupid, or annoying etc.

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.