More threads by butterflymika83

Hi

I have post somes threads before...

I am deaf myself, have a lot problems of my mental health and My social worker ask to me if I want to meet the psychologist for see me for questions and evlantion, it will be 4 hours with my psychologist. She is only meet me for questions and find what is my mental health problem. then she will help me to find the right path for my mental health. also it is great that she have the experience in cultures and understanding about deaf and hard of hearing. understanding the sociaty about deafs. it is good thing. Because i have been meet the psychologist and psychistrit before, I feel they didn't understand me and society. it is like a different culture of Muslim, par example.

So, I never have the experience with the psycologist for evalation, what I will do? what I can say? I am very nervous and I want to tell all of this. not the part, part, and a little. I want to tell everything until I feel that I said all. because I am very defensive to tell about my feelings and my problems. Mistrusting is my problem. also the communication is the big problem with me between people.

Since I see my social worker, I feel more worse, worse and more worse. It is insane, my mood is like rollar coaster and I didn't like it.
I am hoping the psychologist can help me to support to find my right path.

Daniel E.

daniel@psychlinks.ca
Administrator
When I see any mental or health professional for the first time, I often have some anticipatory anxiety. But the anxiety usually goes away after the first minute or two of talking with the person. Psychologists, like other therapists, are usually very good at putting people at ease.

If the evaluation is 4 hours, I assume that a large part of that time will involve the completion of standard, written inventories.

Like stated the psychologist will help you hun not to be so anxious he or she will guide the conversation along. It is great that psychlogis has some dealings with the deaf society so is comfortable with helping people as yourself Just know this person it will take time to build up a trust relationship but it will happen. For sure the psychologist will be there to set a path up for you to help you deal with any mental health issues you are having

Daniel E.

daniel@psychlinks.ca
Administrator
I am very nervous and I want to tell all of this. not the part, part, and a little. I want to tell everything until I feel that I said all. because I am very defensive to tell about my feelings and my problems. Mistrusting is my problem. also the communication is the big problem with me between people.
It may help to mention that to the psychologist. For example, including mentioning how you are feeling in her office in the given moment. Even in therapy, that can help one be more aware/present (as in existential/mindfulness therapy).

thanks everybody :)

I am trying to not get anxiety too much but I believe I will be fine with it because it have been long time that I wait for meet her! :)

thanks!

Random

My psychologist is great, If I could I would talk to him everyday. Like a friend that knows a lot about mental health. However they are people too so try to make it a conversation, that is centered about your issues but you know in the end it's a person too and she meets you for the first time, so there is some respect and a profesional stance not a best friend stance. However of course she or he is there to take care of your emotions in a way I would say. I know I sometiems get carried away talking a bit to much there heh. In the end they are not there to be our friends but our psychologist and help us, in some way a friend maybe yes but still not really paid for friendship. However they can help you and teach you how to find friends whith who you can just chat away like on tomorrow.

As far as being nervous know that they have worked with all kinds of people and heard all kinds of things. If you don't fully open up or get to where you want to in the therapy this time you can do it another time. It's just another dy in the office for them.

Good good luck

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.