More threads by desiderata

desiderata

I have had a run of poor luck in a stretch of recent workplaces. I'm not looking for perfection, however, after accepting a few different offers I have not been able to adapt to the certain cultures I've been exposed to. Everything from being called out and berated in front of a group of peers when a one-on-one would have had a much better effect on me. Also, having to deal with political philosophies which dictate how the business is run. I keep to myself mostly but when something is pushed and shoved towards me without even expressing my true thoughts and opinions are a bit much.
I have gone into interviews trying to analyze what is required of me, the culture of the workplace, and the type of people I will be working with. This analysis is hard to nail down in a short period of time and is somewhat of a crapshoot. I have always thought we become a product of our environment and cannot continue to work for a company and its people if there isn't similar values match. Maybe I've become too sensitive. Just looking for more of a good fit.

Last edited:

Daniel E.

daniel@psychlinks.ca
Administrator
Dilbert therapy:

Of course, some companies/bosses/co-workers have to be better than others -- or have more engaging clients/customers.

Last edited:

Daniel E.

daniel@psychlinks.ca
Administrator
Regarding diversity (and lack of acceptance of it) at work:

"Creatives jostle the status quo, often making them targets for workplace bullying."

"Creatives must transcend the world of dualities and float amongst diverse ways of being, sometimes all within a single day."

------------

Divergent Mind: Thriving in a World That Wasn't Designed for You

Screen Shot 2022-04-16 at 9.09.16 PM.jpg

------------

"Which elements of your work make you feel the most fearful or anxious? Are there certain conditions at work which put you more at ease?"

Last edited:
Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.