More threads by Teenanxiety

I have problem where during day sometimes I just start thinking about everthing bad in my life. Which has been alot within the last 2 to3 years

---------- Post Merged at 08:18 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 08:17 AM ----------

Any advice what to do

Retired

I just start thinking about everthing bad in my life. Which has been alot within the last 2 to3 years

What kinds of events have occurred in the last 2 - 3 years? Are you talking about relationships, health, finance, legal or personal tragedy, at the job, school, home.... circumstances caused by others or by yourself....if you could elaborate it would help to suggest solutions.

Have you talk to someone hun a councilor your doctor a therapist about what you are feeling. Talking to someone hun you trust can help

Pilgrim

I've been around a bit. I figure no one cares, or should care about your life and how well you live it more than you do. It's a shame that those folks who try the hardest to be good people may be the most vulnerable to self-criticism, and the impact of negative people who try to feel better by making other people feel bad (about themselves). I would suggest that you avoid negative, self-absorbed people, and seek out out those who are more like the best aspects of who you believe yourself to be. I believe that what we end up with in our lives is much more a product of the decisions we make, than about what the opinions of others seem to suggest about us. There are "psychic vampires" out there who derive their sense of well-being from making other people feel small etc. Avoid these people too. It hr been said that what we hold in our hearts on a daily basis is what we attract in our lives. Then, why not hold thoughts of ourselves that are compatible with all the best aspects that humanity can be? Maybe it's church, maybe it's volunteering, maybe it's education in a direction that gets your rocks off. You go, girl/guy.

First thing Im a girl :) with in last 2 years major sexuality confusion. And break ups. Moved across country. Switching schools. 2 friend deaths. 1 family. Divorce. And now little brother is going to be locked up. The best thing right now in my life is my bf. Hes been there even when we broke up due to distance. I havr negative people in my life but i care so much cant hurt them and wont. I got rid of one who hurt me alot. And still have problems from. Emotionaly wise.

Pilgrim

Holy crap!!! As a former mental health professional, I SO empathise with your situation. Yes, even the folks who try to help in this area can find themselves in these situations.

I have really been around in this arena, seeking help and finding myself so often falling between cracks of social and professional peer support and medical services mechanisms that one would expect to be there.

The reality is that, unless one is extremely lucky, and/or at the "right place and time" for one's situation, you will likely find that NO ONE MORE THAN YOU is sufficiently invested in helping you than......YOU.

Here is the Nut: If life events have left you needing anti-depressants (Guess what: anxiety WILL lead to depression unless you resolve your life issues) You need to find a way to relieve yourself of those issues, or else they will BIND you to those issues/offenders TAKE YOU DOWN. So, if prescribed, take meds until you can unhook from these killers.

Story from my life: I knew very well that my resentment toward my ex-wife, no mater how justified in my mind, was not only causing me grief, but that it was preventing me from from returning to health, mentally and even physically. Here is a bigger nut: No mater how righteous your cause, you may NEVER get the justice or even acknowledgement that you were wronged. From the perspective of the REST OF THE WORLD: So What???? Therefore, let the situation go and direct your efforts toward your own BETTER FUTURE. HEY!!! You will never receive enough vindication of your case to satisfy you and your cause.

This does NOT imply that you were not wronged. In the absence of vindication, you GO ON, RIGHT? WHO SAID YOU SHOULD EXPECT TO FIND FAIRNESS IN LIFE??????

You are still OK, and you have the life force that can help you find peace and happiness.

Hey thank u and I am working on what I can. I am not sure I maybe wrong but have u ever found urself not sleeping due to worrying someone will neef u at night?

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.