I am in Sales, paid by commission only and am an independant distributor. I do not have coworkers, or a boss.
I started selling what I sell about a year ago. I sell exclusevly to businesses.
When I first started this business my life was in the toilet.
1. Going through a foreclosure.
2. Going Blind.
3. Brain Surgery.
5. Lost my business.
6. Reposession of car
7. Completely broke (going blind...cant work)
8. Being sued by 3 different creditors
...and not to mention very depressed.
I spend a lot of time going door to door and telemarketing to set up appointments. Due to being depressed and broke I had a hard to getting into the proper attitude to persuade people to buy from me. So I hear a lot of No's NONONONONONONONONONONONONONONOONONONONONONONONONON ONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONON
Which made me even more depressed. which means even more inefective sales. (by the way I'm still broke, now just more depressed than ever)
In the mean time I feel awful and spend less time prospecting...going door to door and telemarketing.
Which only adds to the depression.
At this point I am very frustrated, depressed and in depsair. I have a ton of bills due and cant seem to get even one person to even treat me like a human let alone write me a check.
I know it is all because of my attitude. I EXUDE negativety.
the cycle looks like this.
1. I suck at sales...(I think to myself)
2. I make 100 telemarketing calls and get nothing.
3. I was right I really suck at sales.
4. Now I am even broker and more depressed.
5. "I have bills due I have to sell something."
6. I make 30 door to door calls and sell nothing. (Now with really bad attitude and storm cloud over my head)
7. "I hate my life and sales."
and on and on
I want to break out of this rut.
How do I get my attitude right long enough to sell something and give my confidence the boost it needs?
I feel like If I could just have 1 good day it could get me over the hump financially.