Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Had the worst nightmare last night

So scary to the point I'm afraid to go to sleep tonight. It was so real and so very scary. I was trying to find the phone to dial 911 in the dream, but couldn't find it. People were breaking into the house to "get" us. It was awful and way too real.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Had the worst nightmare last night

that sounds awful. i don't really have any suggestions for you but i didn't want to leave your post unanswered.

sending you lots of hugs.
    ~ our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising each time we fall - confucius
    ~ it is the journey, not the destination, that matters
    ~ keep hanging on, the sun will come shining through for you again

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That does sound aweful and frightening. Just wanted to say that I hope that you are able to get a good night's sleep tonight

Take care

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Janet,

I know how scary those nightmares can be. They can leave us awake and terrified for hours, can't they? Sometimes I tell myself I am thankful that I know it was just a nightmare, and that it's not true, and it isn't happening, and that helps me go back to sleep. Along with some warm milk with a bit of vanilla for flavour.

I hope you have a good sleep tonight.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Janet..I know how that feels for real,I went through it and so I know how scary it can be..thank goodness for you it was just a bad dream
    Wisdom is knowing I am nothing
    Love is knowing I am everything
    And between the two
    my life moves

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do you feel like you're in a state of constant emergency inside? What is hard to reach?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Janet - I have had those nightmares too. And many of them have come after a good period. My own therapist has told me that yes some dreams do mean something but most are just those dreams - and mean nothing. She also said that it could be my mind's way of pushing me back in a box - after a good phase - like my brain is hotwired to distrust anything that is good and to find the danger in any place. It hasn't happened in a while thank goodness.

I know you have been feeling better, so I am wondering if this is just your minds way of trying to get you back in the box. They could also be only dreams too.

Your doing great.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sorry to hear about your nightmare, I get them sometimes and they are so scary

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for all your well wishes and good thoughts. I had some more nightmares last night, but not quite as bad.

Quote Originally Posted by braveheart View Post
    Do you feel like you're in a state of constant emergency inside? What is hard to reach?
    I do feel like I'm in a constant state of emergency. Always on alert for something bad to happen. It's hard to reach a place of safety and peace. It just isn't there. For now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know some of what that's like. It took me so long to be able to visualise a safe place. I can now, although it doesn't always come easily. I always have a like guided fantasy of my safe place running through my head before I go to sleep.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast