Advertisement
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Fear of dental/medical procedures

I agree with Sparrow. Jonlee, you can't push your hubby away. He is your support system. It isn't a burden, it is part of marriage, the good and the bad. There is no way I could have got through some of the dental work I needed without him there. And for him, he can't do needles, so then it is my turn to be there for him. It doesn't feel like a burden at all. You should talk to you husband, let him know how much it means to you to have him there. Let him know that his strength lends you strength. Don't just assume he is feeling burdened. The more you push someone away, the more they feel like you don't want or need them.
    I am thinking of you and sending all my extra love and energy your way.
    Brightest blessings dear!

Re: Fear of dental/medical procedures

I definitely share your fear of dentists and doctors, so I understand what you're going through and you aren't alone.

I worry for days before an appointment, and spend the entire time sitting on the chair trying to pretend I'm anywhere but there. It's really terrifying!

The one thing that helped me cope was what my mom told me: that I should be grateful that I live in country where I have access to affordable dental care. There are many places in the world where people just let their teeth rot and fall out, or they pull out rotting teeth without anesthetic.

Granted, that might be the last thing you want to hear... but it did help me, kinda.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12