Advertisement
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Advice/help please

My LORD, I do not know where to begin!!! I am a male in my early 30's and am severely depressed! I have battled depression most of my teenage-adult life; 2 suicide attempts--one of which were very close to ending it all. I have tried therapy with many, many, MANY psychologists, psychiatrists, counselors, etc......talked with many friends, etc...taken almost every anti-depressant under the sun.....YET NOTHING SEEMS TO HELP!!! I know the root of my problems-----I AM VERY SKINNY and have also tried remedies for that---vitamins, eating, working out excessively, nutritionists, I even did one cycle of steroids-which caused even more problems.....BUT I HATE MY LOOKS!!! I vowed whenever I was a teenager to NEVER-EVER have any children to pass these ugly genetics on to----I HAVE KEPT AND WILL KEEP THAT VOW! My hair is also thinning and nothing helps that either!!!! I HATE myself.....and wish I COULD DIE.

To further compund matters, my parents are both at an advanced age---my Father has congestive heart failure and is an amputee----my Mother has macular degeneration, osteoporosis and she fell last year and broke a vertebra---thus, she is now permanently paralyzed from the waist down!!

Any advice given will be appreciated greatly!!!

Advice/help please!!!!!

I would just like to welcome you witsend. It sounds like you've been carrying a very heavy burden for a long time. This forum is a great place to get help and support. Please keep in touch as there are some really experienced people around this site.

Advice/help please!!!!!

Thanks so much CM!!

Advice/help please!!!!!

How have you been feeling lately??

Advice/help please!!!!!

Really depressed and disgusted, the whole scheme of things just appears so BIG, unsolveable and hopeless.

Advice/help please!!!!!

What are you feeling disgusted about witsend??

Advice/help please!!!!!

I grew up with my mother making jokes that I was the ugliest baby she'd ever seen, and she didn't like babies anyway. Some mean people did make fun of my face too over the years. It was SO hurtful. I never wanted to hurt anyone else like that. How about you??

Re: Advice/help please!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by witsend
    I know the root of my problems-----I AM VERY SKINNY.

My hair is also thinning and nothing helps that either!!!! I HATE myself.....and wish I COULD DIE.
    Why do you feel it necessary to look a certain way? Is it mostly related to romantic relationships?

To further compund matters, my parents are both at an advanced age---my Father has congestive heart failure and is an amputee----my Mother has macular degeneration, osteoporosis and she fell last year and broke a vertebra---thus, she is now permanently paralyzed from the waist down!!
    Are you a part-time caregiver for them? Do you feel "compassion fatigue"?
    "What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

fatigue

No.......I am glad to be able to do what I do for my parents...only wish I could improve their physical cicumstances........

Advice/help please!!!!!

I was wondering if you have thoroughly investigated possible physiological causes for your weight. It sounds like that weight problem might be a sign of some other underlying medical condition.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast