Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: New Forum

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New Forum

After being here for a week or so, and extensivley browsing histories, and being attentive to current postings, I find there may be some potential in a new forum named "Observations"

It's purpose would be to allow members to post observations as to their recovery, progress, their mood, their general well being, salutations to other forums and individuals etc. To state for oneself, and not in response to anothers posting, some grain of good that may have happened.

It would be a positive forum that may help detract from the current pressing negative influences we all have, a chance to note, and publish, some of the good things that we are aware of, despite the overbearing pressures that at times govern our lives. Rather than put forth our personal grievances from our afflictions, put forth the 1 good, out of the 100 bad things that we experience. Much like a smile, pass it on.

We empathize and sympathize with others when we read their postings, and offer what consolations and life experience we can to identify with them allowing them to feel a part of a whole as opposed to alone. Lets take it a step further.

We may have to dig deep to find something positive, and battle our own frustrations, but our own particular digging may plant a seed of hope in others.

In other words, a "feel good" forum.

Thoughts anyone?

Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: New Forum

It would be a positive forum that may help detract from the current pressing negative influences we all have, a chance to note, and publish, some of the good things that we are aware of, despite the overbearing pressures that at times govern our lives. Rather than put forth our personal grievances from our afflictions, put forth the 1 good, out of the 100 bad things that we experience. Much like a smile, pass it on.
    To some extent, we have that already in this thread (which is not currently a "sticky" thread but may become one after your suggestion

3 Positive Things - Psychlinks Psychology Self-Help & Mental Health Support Forum
    Last edited by Jazzey; March 19th, 2009 at 03:19 PM. Reason: correcting Daniel's smiley :)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I thought I went through this site from top to bottom, back and forth etc, but I obviously missed something. However, that doesn't surpise me, not from any shortcoming on my part, but from the professionalism and dedication to maintaining this site and covering all concievable variables that may occur when peoples well being is at stake.

I did follow the provided link, and as non critical as I can be, I noticed it to have a somewhat clinical "teacher / assignment" quality to it. In my offering, there is an identification with the individual, and the point being made that there are obvious challenges to overcome to find truth, and that to find truth is the result of deeper thinking than pleasing a teacher. Thesis antithesis sort of thing.

I have been down most of the roads as members in the forums have. My survival is based on positive attitude and critical thinking, which are very difficult states to achieve. Once I was aware of, and identified certain platitudes that plague the ever burgeoning therapy industry, I knew what directions had to be followed.

Daniel, If I come across as seeming somewhat belligerent or defensive, or even unsympathetic at times, it is not reflective as to defining who I am. I too laugh when I see the bottom fall out of someones grocery bag while they are busy chastising their children, and I cry at times seeing human suffering in any capacity, including in those whom I might shun.

"For an author to write as he speaks is just as reprehensible as the opposite fault, to speak as he writes; for this gives a pedantic effect to what he says, and at the same time makes him hardly intelligible".
    Arthur Schopenhauer

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Our general policy is not to create new forums until there are sufficient threads and posts to justify that action.

Currently, I think the following are used for the purposes you describe:

General Support and Advice - Psychlinks Psychology Self-Help & Mental Health Support Forum

Positive Psychology - Psychlinks Psychology Self-Help & Mental Health Support Forum

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel View Post
    To some extent, we have that already in this thread (which is not currently a "sticky" thread but may become one after your suggestion

3 Positive Things - Psychlinks Psychology Self-Help & Mental Health Support Forum
    Personally, I would be glad to see that thread made into a sticky, however little I contribute to it.

Heading over there now...