Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Seeking Suggestions from the Membership

I've been back for a week or two, after a "hiatus" of two or three months, and I have to say that I really like the acitivity on the site right now.

But going back to Dr. Baxter's original point, I am not sure how more in-forum posting can be encouraged as distinct from PM's, etc. Sometimes when the in-forum posting devolves into a conversation between only two people, they might naturally move it to the PM realm so as not to appear as though others are being excluded. Maybe if we all agreed to do that sort of thing a little less, others would feel comfortable "jumping right in" eventually.

In a thread, I also don't often hear someone say, for example, "Mari, what do you think?" Maybe that's not just not done on forums? There's probably a reason for that. But it seems to me that, in real-life conversations, that's the kind of thing people do to encourage more people to join in.

The only other thing that has crossed my mind is that, probably due to the nature of this particular forum (as pertaining to sensitive psychological themes at times), members might be more hesitant than in other kinds of forums to jump right in with a word or two, out of concern that their post might inadvertently "trigger" someone. And this is a legitimate concern.

I don't have the answer, but I'm just bringing these up as my own observations. Sometimes I have been hesitant to say something, for fear it might be misconstrued, and in these cases I find it best to say something very brief, and yet still compassionate, if possible.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

nice to see you back SG.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

nice to see you back SG.
    Thank you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Re: Seeking Suggestions from the Membership

Hello Members and Administrators:

Maybe I just haven't found the section yet, but I would like to see a section about "the workplace and mental health". Speaking for myself, over the years, I have had many issues concerning employment in connection with my mental health.

Have I "missed the boat"?

What do others think?

thanx

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by crzycadn View Post
    Maybe I just haven't found the section yet, but I would like to see a section about "the workplace and mental health". Speaking for myself, over the years, I have had many issues concerning employment in connection with my mental health.
    That's not a bad idea, actually - perhaps as a subforum. I know we have several articles on work stress, work harassment, and leave from work... I'll have a look and see if there are enough of those to create a separate forum.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's not a bad idea, actually - perhaps as a subforum. I know we have several articles on work stress, work harassment, and leave from work... I'll have a look and see if there are enough of those to create a separate forum.
    Could I suggest that you just start a separate forum anyway and move the literature into it? Maybe members/guests would gravitate to it if it was there.

Just a suggestion.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As a general rule, I am opposed to doing that. Having a forum with 0 threads doesn't encourage a visitor to enter. It's too much like entering a quarantine zone, like that movie, The Andromeda Strain, or a ghost town, like that movie, Ghost Town, or a wasteland, like pretty much any teenager's room.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It turned out we had plenty of relevant threads. New forum created as Mental Health in School and in the Workplace - Psychlinks Psychology Self-Help & Mental Health Support Forum

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is great! I will enjoy watching the threads. I'm sure when I start working again, I'll be posting under it. I can be such a b.... sometimes, I get in trouble with my mouth.

---------- Post added at 06:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:35 PM ----------

Just scrolled thru the new forum. Awesome! Lots of good reading material and advice about work/school related issues.

thanx

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456