Advertisement
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Online Articles on Grief and Loss

I've just learned about this website in British Columbia called GriefworksBC. Among other things, it has an extensive collection of articles on grief for children, teens, and adults -- well worth visiting.

I am grieving the death of a relationship, rather than of a person, but this was a really helpful website.

That's a very comprehensive site! I want to take the time to really read all the articles and poems. However, at first glance it looks like an invaluable tool for those who are suffering a loss (or losses) and cannot reach out for professional help.

4. Re: Online Articles on Grief and Loss

Here's a site I've found that has some pretty good information on the process of grieving:

http://www.peacehealth.org/kbase/top...64282/sec1.htm

Re: Online Articles on Grief and Loss

ThatLady and Dr. B. thank you both for the great links on grieving. Well worth the read.

Nancy

6. Re: Online Articles on Grief and Loss

from How long does this grief journey last? (Griefworks BC)
    It's hard to grieve alone. The main reason is because grieving is telling the story of the loss. If you don't have other people to tell the story to, it's hard to move along the grief journey.
    is it impossible to move on if you can't tell your story? or is it just significantly delayed?
    ~ our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising each time we fall - confucius
    ~ it is the journey, not the destination, that matters
    ~ keep hanging on, the sun will come shining through for you again

BBC

While I don't know much about grief my first reaction to what you wrote was to say that I don't think that it is impossible to move on if you can't tell your story but yes I do think that it will much harder to move past and come to a place of acceptance. Again like I said I don't know much about grief but one thing that I do know is that Nothing Is Impossible.

Take Care

You can tell your story to yourself, I guess. I'm not sure it's essential that you talk to someone else about your grief. I think it helps for many people. But you can tell your story to the one(s) you've lost, or to your journal, or to God.

9. Re: Online Articles on Grief and Loss

it's been said before that you cannot heal completely; that the loss will always be there in some form. how do you learn to live with a loss when you know it could have been avoided? how do you make peace with it? i just want the hurt to go away.
    ~ our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising each time we fall - confucius
    ~ it is the journey, not the destination, that matters
    ~ keep hanging on, the sun will come shining through for you again

BBC

I don't know if this will help but I found reading this article helpful for me:

http://forum.psychlinks.ca/showthread.php?t=5426

I think the part that really struck a chord with me was this:

A final thought

But someday again, the sun will shine. The day will seem brighter, and your life will go on, even if it'll never be quite the same.

Hope this helps.
    Take care

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast