Advertisement
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Medications

Medications

I recently went off abilify and i was having a manic episode and my mom was begging me to take it and I told her it makes me have weird thoughts so I took the xanax and left the pill on my desk and cleaned my room. now the pills gone I don't remember taking it but Im afraid I did and ill start to have the thoughts allover again if tookk it wouldnt I at least remember I did Im starting to feel all the symptoms of it is this placebo or did I actually take the pill also is this OCD?

pills

Paxil, which you mentioned in another post, can help lessen obsessive thinking:

Paxil® (paroxetine HCl) is an agent in a newer class of antidepressant medication known as selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs). It is an effective treatment for OCD.
    http://www.paxil.com/ocd/oc_pxl.html
    On the other hand, any antidepressant, including Paxil, can increase the chances of having a manic episode (SSRI-induced mania). Since you recently had a manic episode, I would be careful if you take Paxil, letting your doctor know immediately if you feel manic on it. However, there was only a potential 3% chance of Paxil inducing mania in bipolar patients who were in a depressed phase (rather than a manic phase) according to a 2002 study.

If the obsessive, morbid thinking you mentioned in an earlier post is indeed related to Abilify, then I agree that some med changes may be in order. If you continue to have obsessive thoughts, therapy may be more helpful and without side effects.

if tookk it wouldnt I at least remember I did
    I can easily forget if I took a pill earlier in the day. This is why there are pill boxes which have compartments for each day and/or time of day to help you remember whether you took your meds.

Im afraid I did and ill start to have the thoughts allover again if tookk it
    I woudn't worry about that. A single dose would only have a short-term effect:

Aripiprazole (Abilify) is well absorbed, with peak plasma concentrations occurring within three to five hours after administration. The oral availability is 87%. The mean elimination half-life is about 75 hours for aripiprazole and 94 hours for its active metabolite.
    http://www.neurotransmitter.net/aripiprazole.html
    "What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson