Thanks Thanks:  203
Likes Likes:  167
Page 23 of 25 FirstFirst ... 131819202122232425 LastLast
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Quotes on Mindfulness

“Be happy in the moment, that's enough. Each moment is all we need, not more.”

― Mother Teresa
    “Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing there is a field. I'll meet you there.” ~ Rumi

Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

“Most of us take for granted that time flies, meaning that it passes too quickly. But in the mindful state, time doesn't really pass at all. There is only a single instant of time that keeps renewing itself over and over with infinite variety.”

― Deepak Chopra
    “Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing there is a field. I'll meet you there.” ~ Rumi

Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"Perform your duty without attachment, remaining equal to success or failure. Such equanimity of mind is called Yoga."

-- The Bhagavad Gita (quoted in "How I Found Ecstasy In Depression")

Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

“The usual pattern is, first, of a break away or departure from the local social order and context; next, a long, deep retreat inward and backward, as it were, in time, and inward, deep into the psyche; a chaotic series of encounters there, darkly terrifying experiences, and presently (if the victim is fortunate) encounters of a centering kind, fulfilling, harmonizing, giving new courage; and then finally, in such fortunate cases, a return journey of rebirth to life.”

~ Joseph Campbell, Myths to Live By

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel View Post
    “The usual pattern is, first, of a break away or departure from the local social order and context; next, a long, deep retreat inward and backward, as it were, in time, and inward, deep into the psyche; a chaotic series of encounters there, darkly terrifying experiences, and presently (if the victim is fortunate) encounters of a centering kind, fulfilling, harmonizing, giving new courage; and then finally, in such fortunate cases, a return journey of rebirth to life.”

~ Joseph Campbell, Myths to Live By
    What is Campbell talking about here, @Daniel?

Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The "hero's journey," which is a metaphor for a lot of things, including the process of becoming a wounded healer.

In the Bill Moyers interviews with Campbell (which were popular on PBS decades ago), Campbell says we all hopefully go through this process on some level.

Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"Colors are the smiles of nature."

~ Leigh Hunt

Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"While mindfulness can bring idyllic moments of deep peace, it can also be invaluable when facing emotional challenges. Mindfulness helps us be more grateful during good moments and graceful during more difficult ones."

~ Elisha Goldstein

Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

“Stress is caused by being "here" but wanting to be "there", or being in the present moment but wanting to be in the future. You can move fast, work fast, or run without projecting yourself into the future and without resisting the present. As you move, do it totally, enjoying the flow of energy at that moment. Or when you do nothing and the mind says "you should be working. You are wasting time" - observe the mind. Smile at it!”

― Eckhart Tolle, The Power Of Now: A Guide to Spiritual Enlightenment

Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"In today's rush we all think too much, seek too much, want too much and forget about the joy of just Being."

― Eckhart Tolle

Page 23 of 25 FirstFirst ... 131819202122232425 LastLast