Thanks Thanks:  217
Likes Likes:  183
Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1520212223242526 LastLast
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Quotes on Mindfulness

"Our energy and the energy of the universe are always in flux, but we have little tolerance for this unpredictability, and we have little ability to see ourselves and the world as an exciting, fluid situation that is always fresh and new. How we relate to this dynamic flow of energy is important. We can learn to relax with it, recognizing it as our basic ground, as a natural part of life; or the feeling of uncertainty, of nothing to hold on to, can cause us to panic, and instantly a chain reaction begins. We panic, we get hooked, and then our habits take over and we think and speak and act in a very predictable way."

~ Pema Chödrön, Taking the Leap
    “Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing there is a field. I'll meet you there.” ~ Rumi

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"Change is the only constant. This is miserable-—it'll change. This is wonderful? Savor and love it because it too will change."

~ Alice Erickson, Milton Erickson Through the Eyes of His Daughter
    “Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing there is a field. I'll meet you there.” ~ Rumi

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"Human minds are belief machines. Put raw data into the proper slot and out pops a belief, all polished and ready for action. What we believe is not always correct."

~ D. J. Schneider, "The Belief Machine" (2007)

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"We tend to think of meaning as this most profound of human experiences. Yet all of these more ordinary things also foster our sense of meaning. And that, I think, is an incredibly huge relief."

Laura A. King, PhD, "In search of meaning" (APA)

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

“You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”

― Friedrich Nietzsche

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Of course, Nietzsche had never met me.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"The mind is like an iceberg, it floats with one-seventh of its bulk above water."

~ Freud

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"Philosophy begins in wonder. And, at the end, when philosophic thought has done its best, the wonder remains."

~ Alfred North Whitehead

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Nothwithstading the fact that Philisophy is the science that with or without it man remains the same
    ​"A real friend is one who walks in when the rest of the world walks out." ~ Walter Winchell

Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1520212223242526 LastLast