Thanks Thanks:  169
Likes Likes:  146
Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12171819202122
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Quotes on Mindfulness

In case you haven't noticed, you have a mental dialogue going on inside your head that never stops. It just keeps going and going. Have you ever wondered why it talks in there? How does it decide what to say and when to say it? How much of what it says turns out to be true? How much of what it says is even important? And if right now you are hearing, "I don't know what you're talking about. I don't have any voice inside my head!" -- that's the voice we're talking about...

The best way to free yourself from this incessant chatter is to step back and view it objectively. Just view the voice as a vocalizing mechanism that is capable of making it appear like someone is in there talking to you. Don't think about it; just notice it. No matter what the voice is saying, it's all the same. It doesn't matter if it's saying nice things or mean things, worldly things or spiritual things. It doesn't matter because it's still just a voice talking inside your head. In fact, the only way to get your distance from this voice is to stop differentiating what it's saying. Stop feeling that one thing it says is you and the other thing it says is not you. If you're hearing it talk, it's obviously not you. You are the one who hears the voice. You are the one who notices that it's talking.

-- Michael Singer, The Untethered Soul: The Journey Beyond Yourself
    “Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing there is a field. I'll meet you there.” ~ Rumi

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

“Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing there is a field. I'll meet you there.” ~ Rumi

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"Life isn't as serious as your mind makes it out to be." - Eckhart Tolle

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In Search of Sleep, with Bob Ross | The New Yorker

The tapping and brushing sounds of his painting technique...offer a workmanlike soundtrack of pleasing white noise. Drifting off to sleep in a fraught time, when the last thing you read before bed may be a new report of a humanitarian crisis, or a creatively cruel policy decision from Washington, Ross’s voice blankets the jagged edges with equanimity and “let it be” optimism in the face of mistakes and disappointments. Twenty-three years after his death, Bob Ross seems to have found his true medium.

Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12171819202122