Advertisement
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Low blood pressure

Past few days my blood pressure has been runing very low, question is when is low, too low?

85/72, 75/60, 60/55, etc.. in this area with heart rate runing in the 80-90 area

Low blood pressure

Wow, I've been worried about the opposite lately. Honestly, I have no idea what is too low. You should check with your doctor.

Low blood pressure

I normally run 104 over 70 round abouts, so I'm not sure if I should be concerned with this or not.

Low blood pressure

Hello Momof5,

I have always had low blood presure too but not too low and don't know what the range of levels should be. Maybe Thatlady could help us out here. You know....that lady :~}

Low blood pressure

Quote Originally Posted by HeartArt
    Hello Momof5,
    You know....that lady :~}
    LOL, yes, sure do know that lady, ;>) And a very special lady as well.

Low blood pressure

Normals differ from individual to individual. ;o)

High blood pressure is more commonly a culprit in disease. Anything over 130 systolic and/or 90 diastolic should be watched. Anything over 140 systolic and 100 diastolic should be treated.

However, systolic blood pressures in the 70s and low 80s aren't good. How are you obtaining these blood pressures? Are you taking them yourself, or having them taken? Are you sure the equipment is working properly? Have you felt dizzy or breathless when your blood pressure was this low? Just to be on the safe side, I'd get a doctor to check you out.

The rule of thumb is to treat the patient, not the numbers. If you feel fine with a blood pressure of 92/50, great. However, if you're symptomatic, we've got a problem. I can't imagine anyone who wouldn't be symptomatic with a blood pressure in the 70s.

Hope that helps.

Low blood pressure

I have a digital blood pressure cuff. It is accurate as it runs in the same area as the drs office cuff. When I am at 104/70 that is the reading they get at the office. So I know its a pretty accurate cuff. Fresh battery.

I had started to monitor it closely as I was feeling dizzy and light headed when standing up. I do suffer anxiety attacks, and am on medication for this as needed.

I am under a good deal of stress right now. With my husband drinking, him and my youngest always going at it, and my next to the oldest always fighting, and my newly married daughter just confided something in me about her husband with the promise of not telling. So, could this all just be acting in a reverse pattern reaction to stress with my tendancy to have low blood pressure?

I did suffer a mild heart failure in dec 03/jan/04 that they never pin pointed the cause of. I don't, however think any of this is related to that. (arteries are clear, nothing is clogged) I'm going to keep a close eye on it, and if it continues in this pattern this week, I will call the drs office.

Low blood pressure

The dizzy, weak feeling when you stand up is probably caused by the low blood pressure, hon. Your pressure is unable to adjust fast enough when you change positions. You really do need to get this checked out, since you ARE sypmtomatic.

It's impossible to know what's causing your blood pressure to drop so low without a full workup by a physician.

Low blood pressure

Quote Originally Posted by ThatLady
    The dizzy, weak feeling when you stand up is probably caused by the low blood pressure, hon. Your pressure is unable to adjust fast enough when you change positions. You really do need to get this checked out, since you ARE sypmtomatic.

It's impossible to know what's causing your blood pressure to drop so low without a full workup by a physician.
    lol, I chuckle at the word symptomatic. So many things going on that i hate to call due to hating to feel hypcondriatic (is that a word?)

Today its averaging 99/71. heart rate this morning was 54? which is terribly low for me. now its 98, which is a tad up for me. In a way I am bouncing all over the place right now. I also have a slight bladder infection, which I seem to frequently get. Comes and goes. I am increasing fluids.

Low blood pressure

It may be more than fluids, though, Deb... something seems awry with your metabolites or something.

Now stop putting it off and call your doctor. Your kids would like you to hang around for a few more years (well, except on Friday date nights).

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast