Advertisement
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
  1. How can the board administrator be contacted?

Dear all,

When I registered yesterday I assumed (or understood) that I would get a confirmation email or that someone would activate my registration.

However, I did not receive an email so I thought: oh my... now what? In the FAQ's it says that you have to contact the board administrator for that. But... I could not find a way to get in touch with him/her. So when you have problems with registering there does not seem to be a way to ring a bell somewhere. You cannot PM anyone with that question since you have to be logged in then.

After all, it turned out that I could post today, but that was not until I tried it. Yes, a bit late lol, but even then one should be able to contact someone in case you get an error.

Suzette

How can the board administrator be contacted?

If you look here:

About Psychlinks Online under the post Having trouble logging in? the email address is there.

It's admin @ psychlinks.ca with no spaces.

Or at any time, click on "user profile" under my name and select "send private message" or "send email", or the email button at the bottom of any post.

Maybe it would be a good idea to add an email button to the top of the forum pages as well though...

Quote Originally Posted by David Baxter
    Or at any time, click on "user profile" under my name and select "send private message" or "send email", or the email button at the bottom of any post.
    Yeah, but you can only do any of those things if you're logged in, I think.

I don't think so, though not 100% sure... either way a link/button at page top would save time for people trying to contact me.

Well, for me those buttons only show up if I'm logged in. I guess it's different for everyone.

7. How can the board administrator be contacted?

@janet: I thought I could not read the forum without being logged in. That is why I did not see it. It could be a bit confusing though when you notice you cannot post without being logged in, then read the FAQ's where there is no direct email address where you can ask things. You are being advised to contact the board administrator so I went to the profile of David.

@David: I could not send you a PM nor an email since I was not logged in. Fortunately your website was on it too and there I found your email address. But before I could send my email I thought: let's check, perhaps I can post! And I could.

I also think it might be a good idea to be able to contact you easier. Just one button somewhere on the front page or your email address in the FAQ's.

I agree, Suzette. Good suggestion and I will implement it ASAP.

We are working on the email and notification problem that some people (not all) are experiencing. It is a server problem so I need to wait for some information back from the server tech people.

9. How can the board administrator be contacted?

Thank you David!

I have just added a "Contact Admin" link to the top navigation buttons. Clicking on this will activate the default email client on your computer to send an email to me.