Advertisement
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: I'm new here

I'm new here

Hi my name is clare and i have been suffering from depression since august well that is when i plucked up the courage to ask for help i have been self harming since novermber and really want to stop but cant i go for two three days without doing it and then really cut myself i am so ashamed of myself and feel a complete failure most of the time i hate mysel fso much and am so unhappy

clare

i'm new here

Welcome clare, I can relate to a lot of what you said. It's good that you are getting help for the depression.

i'm new here

Hi there,

Thank you for replying to my post, and yes at least i am getting some help with the depression i just wish i could stop hurting myself but well i will just have to take one step at a time.

clare

i'm new here

Yes, one step at a time and dealing with the depression will help a lot. Try to be easy on yourself.

i'm new here

In addition to one step at a time, try to understand that progress is a series of ups and downs rather than a straight line. "Slips" are just that: It doesn't mean you're a failure... it just means you have more work to do. It's important to try to be optimistic but also to be forgiving of yourself.

i'm new here

Hi there,

Thanks for your replies, i have cut myself again today which i hate myself for but i just couldnt stop it this time, i do feel a failure as i want to beat this but it is so hard to do and feel like im not getting any where i have got a therapy session tomorrow so will have a good talk
    thanks again clare