Thanks Thanks:  6
Likes Likes:  4
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: The Inner Voice that Drives Suicide

isolation the sadness inner conflicts how does one reach out really one tries and tries and each time fails one is reminded again and again their position in this life the only safe place is to turn inwards away from the conflict yet it is so destructive this voice it tells you things that you want to hear Like you will have that peace you deserve It is very clever this voice If it were not for a few people that know me i think the voice would have won by now especially now Reach out where i cannot there is no where god i wish i was stronger don't trust dam voice keeps saying don't trust anyone don't then the fear comes don't go there again i wish this would end this battle once and for all the voice is clever and it is so convincing.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Critical Inner Voice Explained

...Many people think if they stop listening to their critical inner voice, they will lose touch with their conscience. However, the critical inner voice is not a trustworthy moral guide like a conscience. On the contrary, the critical inner voice is degrading and punishing and often leads us to make unhealthy decisions. These negative voices tend to increase our feelings of self-hatred without motivating us to change undesirable qualities or act in a constructive manner...
    “Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing there is a field. I'll meet you there.” ~ Rumi

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"That is why in adult life, people generally tend to relive rather than live, that is, to repeat the patterns of the past and defend the primary fantasy in the defiance, and avoid the real gamble or real adventure of taking a chance on something new. They are afraid that if they really cry out, if they really ask, if they really scream for help, that it won't come, and they'll be in the same panicky frightened state they were in when they were little."

- Robert W. Firestone
    “Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing there is a field. I'll meet you there.” ~ Rumi

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12