Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  5
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: How Much Would You Spend on a Sick Pet?

Up here, they do have low cost neuter clinics a couple of times per year.

Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We called our regular vet/hospital and they wanted well over $300 US to neuter our one-year-old chihuahua. And in the past, they have quoted well over $600 for a dental cleaning. I understand they have more equipment for anesthesia emergencies, etc., but the pricing is way more than we were used to in Florida.

So off to the low-cost clinic he went We also had them do a dental cleaning (since that is their main business), and they include digital x-rays for no extra cost. The low-cost dental clinic doesn't have a single negative review as far as animal care, so they seem to always do a great job.
    “Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing there is a field. I'll meet you there.” ~ Rumi

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There's a place like that in Ottawa. They have all the latest veterinary equipment - MRA, ultrasound, whatever - so of course they like to use it, and even if they don't they have to pay for it. They are by far the most expensive vets in the area.

When my son's dog was ill, they used everything they had to try and identify the cause and to try to avoid exploratory surgery. In the end, after all the tests they still didn't know so they did exploratory surgery to find and remove half a frisbie he'd eaten.

They charged him $5000 for that when they could have started with the surgery at a fraction of the cost.

I was appalled.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12