Advertisement
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
  1. Dealing with infertility: I want to be mom

I am not sure where I fit here but would like to know if there are some helpful things in dealing with infertility and trying to become a mom and have a family.

thank you so much,
    Karen

2. dealing with infertility - want to be mom

I am not sure where I fit here but would like to know if there are some helpful things in dealing with infertility and trying to become a mom and have a family.

thank you so much,
    Karen

dealing with infertility - want to be mom

That is an emotionally difficult process that can put a huge strain on the relationship as well as challenging the two individuals. For many people, it's like a series of losses... with each month or each treatment, you try to be optimistic and then when it doesn't work that time there's a kind of grief, as well as the inevitable feeling of inadequacy and failure, and sometimes even blame toward the partner.

This is a time when you need to work extra hard to be together as a couple, to face the challenges and disappointments together and for each to be supportive to your partner even when you need support yourself.

Some couples find it helpful to talk with a couples counselor to look for ways to avoid distancing and stay connected.

dealing with infertility - want to be mom

That is an emotionally difficult process that can put a huge strain on the relationship as well as challenging the two individuals. For many people, it's like a series of losses... with each month or each treatment, you try to be optimistic and then when it doesn't work that time there's a kind of grief, as well as the inevitable feeling of inadequacy and failure, and sometimes even blame toward the partner.

This is a time when you need to work extra hard to be together as a couple, to face the challenges and disappointments together and for each to be supportive to your partner even when you need support yourself.

Some couples find it helpful to talk with a couples counselor to look for ways to avoid distancing and stay connected.