Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Coming off Cipralex - whoa!

So I've been on cipralex for about 18 months. Over the past 4 months I've gone from 20mg down to 5mg while I've been moving on to a new antidepressant (luvox). About 6 days ago was my last dose of cipralex. I'm upping the dose of Luvox at the same time. I've heard that you can get discontinuation syndrome, even if you are moving on to another AD.

Did great for the first 5 days. Today...dizzzy dizzy and lots of anxiety, headaches etc.

I went through Cymbalta withdrawal once...I certainly hope this isn't going to be as bad as that was. (Literally the worst 3 weeks of my life).

Anyone else have experience coming off cipralex? Who knew that 5mg was so potent??

Whoa!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Coming off Cipralex - whoa!

I have been on it awhile ago but I don't remember it giving me bad withdrawal. Cymbalta gave me withdrawal as well. I would give it another week or so, I'm sure it will get better. You may have a few really bad days possibly , but hopefully things should start to taper off. One of those wait and see things. I hope you feel better soon, withdrawals definitely are not fun.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Doc gave me some ativan. I think I'm gonna pop one tonight. I guess I have an excuse!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, that will definitely help a little bit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I came off Cipralex but I don't remember it being like that. Having said that, everyone reacts and responds differently to medication. I hope the Ativan helps you feel better.