Advertisement
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

about loving someone who is no longer your partner

just an observation....would like to read other observations/conclusions/etc. from anyone who'd like to share.

not long ago, i came to the conclusion that i can love someone (romantic) and not have to do anything about it. i don't have to do things to try to be with them, or even be in contact. i can just decide that i love this person and there is nothing more. i can do this till the day that i don't feel love anymore. i don't have to try to not feel it, or to try to get rid of it. i can just leave it there, like in a drawer of my heart. take it out or leave it in when i feel like it. some day it won't feel so ...what is the word...so... there. i won't be so aware of it. i think i will always love this person, but the love will change. it has changed some. so i know it will change some more.
    Mari

about loving someone who is no longer your partner

just an observation....would like to read other observations/conclusions/etc. from anyone who'd like to share.

not long ago, i came to the conclusion that i can love someone (romantic) and not have to do anything about it. i don't have to do things to try to be with them, or even be in contact. i can just decide that i love this person and there is nothing more. i can do this till the day that i don't feel love anymore. i don't have to try to not feel it, or to try to get rid of it. i can just leave it there, like in a drawer of my heart. take it out or leave it in when i feel like it. some day it won't feel so ...what is the word...so... there. i won't be so aware of it. i think i will always love this person, but the love will change. it has changed some. so i know it will change some more.
    Mari

Re: about loving someone who is no longer your partner

Quote Originally Posted by hugsy
    i think i will always love this person, but the love will change. it has changed some. so i know it will change some more.
    I understand that; I'm going through the same thing. The kind of love changes, but the love will be there forever (kind of unconditional) because of the strong bonds that have been formed - that's how I feel anyway.

I don't know what else to say, but I know where you're coming from.
    "My clouds sorrowing in the dark forget that they themselves have hidden the sun." - Rabindranath Tagore

Re: about loving someone who is no longer your partner

Quote Originally Posted by hugsy
    i think i will always love this person, but the love will change. it has changed some. so i know it will change some more.
    I understand that; I'm going through the same thing. The kind of love changes, but the love will be there forever (kind of unconditional) because of the strong bonds that have been formed - that's how I feel anyway.

I don't know what else to say, but I know where you're coming from.
    "My clouds sorrowing in the dark forget that they themselves have hidden the sun." - Rabindranath Tagore