Advertisement
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
  1. Depression VS PMS

How can one distinguish depression from pre-PMS syndrome? I often feel very down the week/two prior to my PMS. Recently it has been getting worse. I took some random online test and they told me that i have mild/moderate depression. What should I do? I'm a student in college and can't afford professional therapist.

2. Depression VS PMS

How can one distinguish depression from pre-PMS syndrome? I often feel very down the week/two prior to my PMS. Recently it has been getting worse. I took some random online test and they told me that i have mild/moderate depression. What should I do? I'm a student in college and can't afford professional therapist.

Depression VS PMS

Most of those online tests aren't very accurate in terms of identifying degree of depression but the diagnosis really doesn't matter. The same medications that are used to treat depression can also be helpful with the lows in PMS -- and probably for the same reason: the hormonal changes that accompany/trigger your PMS symptoms probably also ripple into changes in the neurotransmitters that are affected by antidepressants.

Talk to your family doctor about it.

Depression VS PMS

Most of those online tests aren't very accurate in terms of identifying degree of depression but the diagnosis really doesn't matter. The same medications that are used to treat depression can also be helpful with the lows in PMS -- and probably for the same reason: the hormonal changes that accompany/trigger your PMS symptoms probably also ripple into changes in the neurotransmitters that are affected by antidepressants.

Talk to your family doctor about it.