Likes Likes:  2

Thread: Chat Room

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Chat Room

David,

Hi, i just want to let you know that you have a gr8 site here, Kepp up the good work!!!

Would there be any chance of getting a chat room for your forum, that would be kool i think......Anyone else agree...????

Best Regards
    Ron

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Chat Room

No. Sorry, but there are both security issues and logistic issues with chat rooms and that's not something we have any plans to do at Psychlinks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like knowing the posts are moitored and that there seems to be lots of structure here. That would be hard to do with live chat. just my thought on it.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exactly. They add a lot of load to website servers, create security issues, and are hard to monitor.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was just thinking, a chat room would be great for this site. It would feel more like a community. We could help each other in real time.

---------- Post Merged at 08:36 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 08:34 PM ----------

The full members could monitor. I'd do it. I'd be on lots. It would save me from Candy crush. Lol

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

It is nice of you to offer blinded but chat rooms can get very triggering as well and being part of that type of forum it takes so much time and effort to make sure that clients are not being harmed by others unintentionally. Decision has been made no chat room but you can talk to us on the forum anytime ok under any heading you need to and someone will respond.
    Words always stay inside ones soul

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by forgetmenot View Post
    you can talk to us on the forum anytime ok under any heading you need to and someone will respond.
    Most of the time a response comes quite fast even in the middle of the night. It also gives us the opportunity to edit our posts and self moderate contrary to chat where it's typed and "oh, maybe I didn't word that right and offended someone unintentionally"