Advertisement
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Anti-depressants

I have just been started on anti-depressants and they are making me feel quite ill, I mean I expected a little bit of nausea but this is much worse than a little bit. Just wondering if this is normal? Of course for medical advice I will be going back to the doctor who prescribed them but I can't do that for a bit so I thought I'd ask on here. As the last time I was on them I was about 7 years old and am now much older than that, LOL (23 years)...

Heather...

Anti-depressants

I have just been started on anti-depressants and they are making me feel quite ill, I mean I expected a little bit of nausea but this is much worse than a little bit. Just wondering if this is normal? Of course for medical advice I will be going back to the doctor who prescribed them but I can't do that for a bit so I thought I'd ask on here. As the last time I was on them I was about 7 years old and am now much older than that, LOL (23 years)...

Heather...

Anti-depressants

Hey Heather,

Of course, see your doctor. Maybe s/he can change the dosage or even the prescription.

I found when I was on anti-depressants the first time (when I was 25) and I found they were great for me. When I went back on them now at 30, my body reacted much differently than the first time around and I had to greatly reduce the dosage because after a month of no sleep, I decided insomnia was not a good thing :)

Have you tried taking them with food? That can help the nausea too.
    ~ Allow yourself to be the light that the world so desperately needs. ~ Unknown

Anti-depressants

Hey Heather,

Of course, see your doctor. Maybe s/he can change the dosage or even the prescription.

I found when I was on anti-depressants the first time (when I was 25) and I found they were great for me. When I went back on them now at 30, my body reacted much differently than the first time around and I had to greatly reduce the dosage because after a month of no sleep, I decided insomnia was not a good thing :)

Have you tried taking them with food? That can help the nausea too.
    ~ Allow yourself to be the light that the world so desperately needs. ~ Unknown

Anti-depressants

Thanks for the reply, it could be the lack of food I eat as well as the stress I am under, not just the tablets!!! See I don't eat or sleep really either, LOL...

Thanks for the reply.

Heather...

Anti-depressants

Thanks for the reply, it could be the lack of food I eat as well as the stress I am under, not just the tablets!!! See I don't eat or sleep really either, LOL...

Thanks for the reply.

Heather...

Anti-depressants

What is the medication, Heather? And what dose are you taking currently?

It is important to understand that not all antidepressants are the same or have the same side-effects. Also note that certain side-effects during the first few days (adaptation effects, really) aren't that unusual but my usual advice is if you don't start seeing a significant improvement in side-effects in the first 5 days, go back to your doctor and ask him/her to change you to something else.

Anti-depressants

What is the medication, Heather? And what dose are you taking currently?

It is important to understand that not all antidepressants are the same or have the same side-effects. Also note that certain side-effects during the first few days (adaptation effects, really) aren't that unusual but my usual advice is if you don't start seeing a significant improvement in side-effects in the first 5 days, go back to your doctor and ask him/her to change you to something else.

Anti-depressants

Citalopram is the medication and 20mg.

Yeah I know they aren't all the same and I knew they had side effects but I am really really unwell and I just didn't expect to be this unwell which is what got me worried!

Thanks for the reply and advice :)

Heather...

Anti-depressants

Citalopram is the medication and 20mg.

Yeah I know they aren't all the same and I knew they had side effects but I am really really unwell and I just didn't expect to be this unwell which is what got me worried!

Thanks for the reply and advice :)

Heather...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast