Advertisement
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Obsession

Obsession

Over the past year I have acquired an obsession over a person who I am barely acquainted with. I have barely spoken to this person, and yet I probably do not go a full 10 minutes in the day without thinking about them. Its been going on for about a year, ever since I met them and I think it is beginning to hurt my life. In the past I had a similar problem with another individual, but eventualy it went away... but I think it is far worse this time. I do not know what is causing this obsession... I think it might be that I am trying to compensate with somehing? But I jsut want to know what might cause this and how to make it go away.

Obsession

Over the past year I have acquired an obsession over a person who I am barely acquainted with. I have barely spoken to this person, and yet I probably do not go a full 10 minutes in the day without thinking about them. Its been going on for about a year, ever since I met them and I think it is beginning to hurt my life. In the past I had a similar problem with another individual, but eventualy it went away... but I think it is far worse this time. I do not know what is causing this obsession... I think it might be that I am trying to compensate with somehing? But I jsut want to know what might cause this and how to make it go away.

Crushed?

I am not a therapist, but I do understand! In my situation, although I am celibate for religious reasongs, I too (a female) have acquainted myself with a very attractive man! To some degree, I think its normal to go gaga over a man especially if he has lazy blue eyes kind of like some of those country western singers! Ok! Bonk on the side of my head again!

But hes too controlling and insecure, but he has to be so cute! Darn I have eyes. But I asked him to please leave me alone cuz he makes me nervous!

I too obsess a lot about someone I only look at once a week! UUGH while were at it, I discussed this with my doctor and I think I am agoraphobic(afraid of men) but a certain ex boyfriend used to stalk me all the time and I got so annoyed with him, I called the police! I called this man "wolf" I still look behind me to make sure "wolf" is not following me!

I look around my house bricks to make sure the "pest" doesnt try to sneak a kiss, but yes, I obsess about this a lot. Heres some possible reasons:

(1) I am OCD
    (2) I like men, but I am afraid of them.
    (3) I read a lot of Mary Higgins Clark and other mystery novels!
    (4) too much idle time waiting for disability payments to FINALLY be approved
    (5) I like men!
    (6) they scare me, thus the OCD or is it the other way around?

Crushed?

I am not a therapist, but I do understand! In my situation, although I am celibate for religious reasongs, I too (a female) have acquainted myself with a very attractive man! To some degree, I think its normal to go gaga over a man especially if he has lazy blue eyes kind of like some of those country western singers! Ok! Bonk on the side of my head again!

But hes too controlling and insecure, but he has to be so cute! Darn I have eyes. But I asked him to please leave me alone cuz he makes me nervous!

I too obsess a lot about someone I only look at once a week! UUGH while were at it, I discussed this with my doctor and I think I am agoraphobic(afraid of men) but a certain ex boyfriend used to stalk me all the time and I got so annoyed with him, I called the police! I called this man "wolf" I still look behind me to make sure "wolf" is not following me!

I look around my house bricks to make sure the "pest" doesnt try to sneak a kiss, but yes, I obsess about this a lot. Heres some possible reasons:

(1) I am OCD
    (2) I like men, but I am afraid of them.
    (3) I read a lot of Mary Higgins Clark and other mystery novels!
    (4) too much idle time waiting for disability payments to FINALLY be approved
    (5) I like men!
    (6) they scare me, thus the OCD or is it the other way around?

Obsession

...but I think it is far worse this time. I do not know what is causing this obsession... I think it might be that I am trying to compensate with somehing? But I jsut want to know what might cause this and how to make it go away.
    How happy/depressed are you? If you were happier, would you be less obsessed? Obsession/addiction is often an escape mechanism from the daily grind.
    "What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Obsession

...but I think it is far worse this time. I do not know what is causing this obsession... I think it might be that I am trying to compensate with somehing? But I jsut want to know what might cause this and how to make it go away.
    How happy/depressed are you? If you were happier, would you be less obsessed? Obsession/addiction is often an escape mechanism from the daily grind.
    "What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Obsession

Are you talking about a romantic obsession? Or just an obsession? The reason I ask is that I have an obsession with someone who has hurt me, and it is not a romantic obsession, but I think that the amount of time and energy I devote toward dwelling on this person is definitely a hindrance. Romantic obsessions are in something of a different category, for me.

Obsession

Are you talking about a romantic obsession? Or just an obsession? The reason I ask is that I have an obsession with someone who has hurt me, and it is not a romantic obsession, but I think that the amount of time and energy I devote toward dwelling on this person is definitely a hindrance. Romantic obsessions are in something of a different category, for me.

An obsession

I think its an obsession because by nature I am a perfectionist, and I am always wanting to say things just the "right way' What really helps me if someone hurt my feelings is to keep in mind I must have hurt someone elses feelings and we, as humans, are not perfect. Thus, I am trying to squelch the "overactive inner critic!"

An obsession

I think its an obsession because by nature I am a perfectionist, and I am always wanting to say things just the "right way' What really helps me if someone hurt my feelings is to keep in mind I must have hurt someone elses feelings and we, as humans, are not perfect. Thus, I am trying to squelch the "overactive inner critic!"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast