Advertisement
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Post-partum

Post-partum

Anyone else suffering from the "baby blues" or Post-partum depression?? I could greatly use a friend who is going through the same thing.

Post-partum

Of course I can't say I've ever suffered from that, shanarino, but I wanted to welcome you to PsychLinks Online. I've no doubt that other members who have experienced post-partum depression will have some experiences to share when they find this thread.

Re: Post-partum

Quote Originally Posted by shanarino
    Anyone else suffering from the "baby blues" or Post-partum depression?? I could greatly use a friend who is going through the same thing.
    Hi ... I went through pretty poweful post-partum depressions after births ... I went to a counsellor, plus to "post-partum support groups", and they helped a lot. I know there are a lot of support forums online for this if you do a google search.

Also, you might want to ask your Doc for referrals to a post-partum counsellor, or to some ongoing postpartum support groups that may be in your local area.

I know its hard to go through this ... don't give up until you find the support you need ...

Take care!
    Hugs from Kanadiana ...

Hi..i am almost 5 months postpartum, im having anxiety and paniac attacks

Have you been to see a doictor about this, Skye? And did you experience anxiety or panic before the pregnancy?

If not, you could be hyperthyroid - your doctor can determine this with a simple blood test.

Hi I did have a throid blood test I was fine i found that I had a bit of anxiety when I was pregnat as I was sick the entire pregnacy I couldn't go into canadian tire or walmart the lights and smell of the stores made me dizzy..it was hard going any where in a vechile as it made me have motion sick. I just want to be my self again.Dr says im handling anxiety. I don't feel i am. my obyn thinks cousling and paxil will help.I tryed celexa and had a bad reaction i don't think pills are the answer for me also i had quit smoking.not sure if my anxiety comes from that. Thanks for replying

Hi Skye,

I haven't been in here for a long while and don't know if you'll be back to read it, but if so, I hope you found some help with your problems with the doc, and anxiety and stuff. Anxiety and panic attacks really do suck to go though ... I've been there for sure. In my case, i think my trouble was a combination of things, not just mental health issues, but physical and physiological as well.

Thinking of you and wishing you well ...

K.
    Hugs from Kanadiana ...

Hi..K
    I am still having anxiety it's gotten alot better,I haven't been driving as i can't seem to by my self.I am ok if i'm with somebody.My baby will be 8 months old hope I am back to old self.The dr gave me ativan I have not taken any i am not a pill person.How long did your anxiety last? What did you do to controll it? I did see a therpist she thinks it will go away. and to try ativan...I'm sure mine are a combination of things,

Skye, you went to see your doctor to get advice on your anxiety. S/he gave you something that will help with the anxiety. You're ignoring the doctor's advice. You're still experiencing anxiety, probably needlessly.

Perhaps it's time to go back and talk to the doctor about your concerns about the medications s/he prescribed.

Hi Skye,

I tend to agree with David here regards the doc and his/her advice. I hate popping pills as well, always did, but sometimes a person needs a quick answer to anxiety if its messing with immediate life, health (sleeping/eating) and responsibilities like taking care of our kids, or the ability to do what we need to do each day etc

Every person and their situation is unique about what they're dealing with and what will work in their own cases for their own selves and lives. Sometimes its best just to take the pills and if you have any concerns about any meds the doc prescribes talk to him/her about them ... and also to your pharmacist. Doc would be monitoring how you're reacting to any meds too.

Bottom line is that if anxiety is messing with you and doing your life and what you need and want to be doing now, then pills really can help in the short run ... even if only until you've had more time to sort out if there are other things and approaches you could use that would help you. Point is, anxiety is a problem NOW and NOW is when to start dealing with it I'd also be sure, if it were me, to get a complete and full physical examinations and labs workups in case anything might show up that could cause "anxiety" type feelings. If it were me, I'd take the pills to help relieve some of the immediate anxiety feelings, while sorting all this other stuff out

I hope some of what I've said helps you feel a bit better about following your docs lead, or at least talking with him/her about all this? I hope I've helped.

K.
    Hugs from Kanadiana ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast