Advertisement
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

How effective are Self-Help Books for Sexual Assault victims

I am an Australian university student. I am conducting a research project with John Malouff, Ph.D. We are looking to understand better the effectiveness of self-help books for survivors of sexual violence. We are seeking participants from around the world who have read, in the past 36 months, a self-help book to help overcome some problem relating to having been sexually assaulted. To participate they will anonymously complete a brief online questionnaire. The questionnaire takes about 10 minutes to complete and does not go into personal experiences or raw emotions.
    If you are interested, or know someone who may be able to participate, please go to http://psychology.une.edu.au/601 and use the log in code: self.
    You may go through all the questions. No information is sent until you click ‘Submit’ on the last page. For any further queries, or to be emailed the results at the conclusion of the study in November, 2005, please contact me on tara_s@dodo.com.au

I am an Australian university student. I am conducting a research project with John Malouff, Ph.D. We are looking to understand better the effectiveness of self-help books for survivors of sexual violence. We are seeking participants from around the world who have read, in the past 36 months, a self-help book to help overcome some problem relating to having been sexually assaulted. To participate they will anonymously complete a brief online questionnaire. The questionnaire takes about 10 minutes to complete and does not go into personal experiences or raw emotions.
    If you are interested, or know someone who may be able to participate, please go to http://psychology.une.edu.au/601 and use the log in code: self.
    You may go through all the questions. No information is sent until you click ‘Submit’ on the last page. For any further queries, or to be emailed the results at the conclusion of the study in November, 2005, please contact me on tara_s@dodo.com.au

I completed it only because I used to live around the corner from the university, lol!!! I now live in Sydney though!!!

I completed it only because I used to live around the corner from the university, lol!!! I now live in Sydney though!!!

Thanks HJ!! I don't mind what the motivation is... ;)

We are certainly grateful for any participants we can get.

Tara

Thanks HJ!! I don't mind what the motivation is... ;)

We are certainly grateful for any participants we can get.

Tara

Survivor v Victim

I just saw the last line of your message, HJ.

Yes, I too am a survivor and always use that word over victim. However, the allocated number of spaces in the subject line did not allow for survivor to fit - or a question mark!

I hope I have not offended anyone and am aware of the different connotation of the words.

Tara

Survivor v Victim

I just saw the last line of your message, HJ.

Yes, I too am a survivor and always use that word over victim. However, the allocated number of spaces in the subject line did not allow for survivor to fit - or a question mark!

I hope I have not offended anyone and am aware of the different connotation of the words.

Tara

That is cool, I was joking about the motivation, lol!!!

And I always use that as my signature, although sometimes I still feel like a victim!?!?

Heather...

That is cool, I was joking about the motivation, lol!!!

And I always use that as my signature, although sometimes I still feel like a victim!?!?

Heather...