Advertisement
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Am I depressed?

Am I depressed?

I'm 14 and have had thoughts of suicide for about 2 years now... i'm hardly eating or sleeping and im always feeling really sad and low on energy. even when good things happen it doesnt take much for me to go back to feeling really shitty. im pretty sure i am depressed but i just cant bring myself to telll my family or anything because im afraid theyll be angry or disappointed... the other week i just got completely overwhelmed by everything thats been going on and i started to slit my wrist... what should i do?

am i depressed...?

I'm 14 and have had thoughts of suicide for about 2 years now... i'm hardly eating or sleeping and im always feeling really sad and low on energy. even when good things happen it doesnt take much for me to go back to feeling really shitty. im pretty sure i am depressed but i just cant bring myself to telll my family or anything because im afraid theyll be angry or disappointed... the other week i just got completely overwhelmed by everything thats been going on and i started to slit my wrist... what should i do?

am i depressed...?

I think that even though you don;t want to tell your family that you need to tell someone if you are depressed and it is not treated it is a bad thing so please tell someone.

Heather...

am i depressed...?

I think that even though you don;t want to tell your family that you need to tell someone if you are depressed and it is not treated it is a bad thing so please tell someone.

Heather...

am i depressed...?

If you're feeling this way, tell your family, hon. They love you, and want what's best for you. Think of it this way: If someone you love comes to you and tells you they have a problem and need your help, are you going to be angry with them, or disappointed? Of course not! You're going to want to help! That's the way your family feels, too. We want to help those we love, but we can't unless they let us know what's going on with them.

am i depressed...?

If you're feeling this way, tell your family, hon. They love you, and want what's best for you. Think of it this way: If someone you love comes to you and tells you they have a problem and need your help, are you going to be angry with them, or disappointed? Of course not! You're going to want to help! That's the way your family feels, too. We want to help those we love, but we can't unless they let us know what's going on with them.

am i depressed...?

I know what you mean that its a bad thing going untreated, but i just cant do it... sometimes i feel i just can't go on but even then it feels like i'm incapable of telling them... my brain just plays endless scenarios of me telling them and them reacting badly to it. sometimes i just think im weak for being like this and that just makes me feel worse about myself... was it hard for all of you?

am i depressed...?

I know what you mean that its a bad thing going untreated, but i just cant do it... sometimes i feel i just can't go on but even then it feels like i'm incapable of telling them... my brain just plays endless scenarios of me telling them and them reacting badly to it. sometimes i just think im weak for being like this and that just makes me feel worse about myself... was it hard for all of you?

am i depressed...?

AMT,

I wasn't that much older than you (I was 14) when I first began having suicidal tendencies and feeling mighty depressed. I shrugged it off because I thought it was "normal". I thought everyone went through what I was going through. As a result, I didn't have any tools to cope with it, and so I shut down all together. It was a long, long time before I got some help for it, and when I look back, I see how many years of my life I lost being depressed and scared to tell anyone.

I can't urge you enough to talk to someone. If you're not comfortable talking to your parents on your own, is there a close friend or relative you could tell first and have that person be with you when you tell your parents? You might find that helps.

I'm 31 now and I've just started therapy again (for the third time). I'm tired of being depressed and having no will to live. It appears I'm not leaving this earth any time soon (that I'm aware of, anyway) and I don't want to lose any more years. I've found a fabulous therapist and he is not allowed to let me quit therapy :)

My point is - don't lose the most incredible years of your life to this like I did. Get some help now. It's available. People want to help you. I urge you to let them.
    ~ Allow yourself to be the light that the world so desperately needs. ~ Unknown

am i depressed...?

AMT,

I wasn't that much older than you (I was 14) when I first began having suicidal tendencies and feeling mighty depressed. I shrugged it off because I thought it was "normal". I thought everyone went through what I was going through. As a result, I didn't have any tools to cope with it, and so I shut down all together. It was a long, long time before I got some help for it, and when I look back, I see how many years of my life I lost being depressed and scared to tell anyone.

I can't urge you enough to talk to someone. If you're not comfortable talking to your parents on your own, is there a close friend or relative you could tell first and have that person be with you when you tell your parents? You might find that helps.

I'm 31 now and I've just started therapy again (for the third time). I'm tired of being depressed and having no will to live. It appears I'm not leaving this earth any time soon (that I'm aware of, anyway) and I don't want to lose any more years. I've found a fabulous therapist and he is not allowed to let me quit therapy :)

My point is - don't lose the most incredible years of your life to this like I did. Get some help now. It's available. People want to help you. I urge you to let them.
    ~ Allow yourself to be the light that the world so desperately needs. ~ Unknown

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast