Advertisement
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Friendship

1. Friendship

Why do people enjoy other people's company? I use to have a guy who follows me around all the time. I'm an independent person, and I found it annoying at times. It almost seems to me he's desperate to follow me around... or could want a friend, who knows. He talks and talks, but online, he barely says anything (maybe one instant msg every 10 min, with one or two words).

Friendship

Do you mean he follows you around talking and talking in real life but becomes reticent onlne? Could be (1) he's multitasking between a lot of online conversations or games, or (2) techno-shy and/or just feels uncomfortable typing instead of talking (some people are the other way 'round).

3. Friendship

He did in summer school, follows me around during break and talks. Sometimes, I don't understand people behaviour. What's 'techno-shy'? I don't think he's the type that msg ppl all the time. He always msgs ppl with a purpose (i.e. ask to hang out, ask help for hw) as he told me.
    Isn't typing talking in a way? Btw, I like this website and it's rapid service, David.

Friendship

"techno-shy" is a word I just made up... meaning people who aren't that comfotable with technology like computers, instant messaging, text messaging, even telephones.

Typing is indeed "talking in a way" but a different mode that some people dislike. One of my sisters doesn't even like email.

5. Friendship

omg, my friend doesn't even check his email. I have to tell him to check it if I send something. I've always wondered why ppl are so eccentric on the internet... the psychology of the internet as I read from your forum. Oh good, I'm glad you define that word, b/c I tried looking it up. Techno means techno, and shy means shy, together, it didn't make sense :P. It makes me wonder why ppl have msn but don't talk... oh well. I would talk to ppl about this, except no one else I know understands psychology. I even analyze ppl for fun, as in read 'the enneagram' and classify ppl according to their mbi type. No one understands how I think completely. I wish I could find a bunch of psychology friends/geeks... hopefully I will in college in Sept.

6. Friendship

sry, I didn't realize I accidentally posted twice :(. didn't mean to spam [terrible internet connection, arggg].

Friendship

Don't worry about it, suicoted. It happens to all of us.

We are apparently being moved to a new improved server sometime this weekend... that may make the pages load a bit faster for those of us on slow connections.

8. Friendship

Oh wow, yeah, I know what you mean, dial-up is slow. Btw, do you think I'm suffering from obsessive compulsive behaviour if I spend hours surfing the web about psychology, reading about it? I analyze ppl, or break them up into chunks and 'learn' or dissect about them. Myself, I am an ESFJ. I use to be an INFJ. Teens these days still need to take time to learn more about who they are - it's quite enlightening. What about you, sir?

Friendship

I don't remember what I am... the Myers-Briggs-type categories or typologies don't have a lot of serious validity. They're fun though. I even have a little program you can run from your computer...

Friendship

In a way, IMs are like the telephone or the doorbell. They break into your consciousness without warning and without invitation. That may be another reason why many dislike them. On a message board, one does not feel pressed to answer immediately. An IM, however, demands your attention in a way that can be seen as intrusive.

That comes from this old XNFP (right on the borderline between introvert and extrovert). ;-)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast