Advertisement
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. This site... a hopeful new beginning

hello to all of you. my name is sylvia ,.why have i joined this site?well, it's a sort of substitute for a goal.it's a motivation.it's something new and i felt i needed something new.i really hope i can help some of you with my sharings on life and even get help when i need it.my life is just starting now, and i mean my real life, with real responsabilities and stuff...so i'm a bit nervous about it and i really hope i can cope with this life.in conclusion, it's nice to meet you all !

2. this site...a hopeful new beginning

hello to all of you. my name is sylvia ,.why have i joined this site?well, it's a sort of substitute for a goal.it's a motivation.it's something new and i felt i needed something new.i really hope i can help some of you with my sharings on life and even get help when i need it.my life is just starting now, and i mean my real life, with real responsabilities and stuff...so i'm a bit nervous about it and i really hope i can cope with this life.in conclusion, it's nice to meet you all !

this site...a hopeful new beginning

Welcome, waving_hands. It's nice to meet you too... :o)

Welcome, waving_hands. It's nice to meet you too... :o)

5. this site...a hopeful new beginning

hello david!as you are a psychologist, i was wondering...how should a psychologist be, as a person , i mean, what qualities should he/she have?i would like to go and study psychology and become a very good one.please if u have any suggestions or , i don't know, some books to suggest or some sort of test that i should take to see if i have it in me.thanx again

6. this site...a hopeful new beginning

hello david!as you are a psychologist, i was wondering...how should a psychologist be, as a person , i mean, what qualities should he/she have?i would like to go and study psychology and become a very good one.please if u have any suggestions or , i don't know, some books to suggest or some sort of test that i should take to see if i have it in me.thanx again

I think the best starting place is to tale a course or two at the university level and see if it interests you. There are different areas of psychology, so the required character traits and interpersonal style might be different for different areas.

What I look for in clinical psychology students is genuine empathy and interest in other people, the ability to, as Adler said, "see with the eyes of another, hear with the ears of another, feel with the heart of another". If you lack that, you'll probably not make a very good clinician. If you have those attributes, and you can learn the ability to compartmentalize sufficiently to protect yourself emotionally so you're not overwhelmed by the client's pain, the rest is really just gaining knowledge, information, and experience and acquring specific techniques and skills.

I think the best starting place is to tale a course or two at the university level and see if it interests you. There are different areas of psychology, so the required character traits and interpersonal style might be different for different areas.

What I look for in clinical psychology students is genuine empathy and interest in other people, the ability to, as Adler said, "see with the eyes of another, hear with the ears of another, feel with the heart of another". If you lack that, you'll probably not make a very good clinician. If you have those attributes, and you can learn the ability to compartmentalize sufficiently to protect yourself emotionally so you're not overwhelmed by the client's pain, the rest is really just gaining knowledge, information, and experience and acquring specific techniques and skills.

Hi, waving_hands. Welcome to the forums! :O)

Hi, waving_hands. Welcome to the forums! :O)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast