Advertisement
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Warning Signs

Warning Signs

This situation is really stressful for me. I just barely made my acquaintance with a man at my church. I have never dated him or really talked, etc.

I asked him if he wouldnt mind my calling him on the phone, and he refuses!

Then his mom says he is looking for a wife!(and she gives me a ring box!)

I feel like I keep attracting controlling men! Is there any signals I am sending out that says "Control me?"

I refused such a weird relationship!

Are these warning signs of an abusive controller?

Warning Signs

This situation is really stressful for me. I just barely made my acquaintance with a man at my church. I have never dated him or really talked, etc.

I asked him if he wouldnt mind my calling him on the phone, and he refuses!

Then his mom says he is looking for a wife!(and she gives me a ring box!)

I feel like I keep attracting controlling men! Is there any signals I am sending out that says "Control me?"

I refused such a weird relationship!

Are these warning signs of an abusive controller?

Warning Signs

I'm sorry, I'm confused...who is being controlling and what (in this particular situation) constitutes prelude to abuse?

Warning Signs

I'm sorry, I'm confused...who is being controlling and what (in this particular situation) constitutes prelude to abuse?

for clarificatin`

What I mean I feel controlled by a man because he wont let me talk to him but he is hinting at marriage! Also, he sits next to other men so I cant talk to them(as acquainances).
    I feel like he (the controller) is hiding something so I cant get to know him, thats why I feel controlled by this man. Also, did I mention I just barely know him?
    Its like I feel owned by this person, yet he wont talk to me. All I know is his name and age, and he would hardly tell me what he does for a living. Two paragraphs,,then marriage?
    Is something a little odd here?

for clarificatin`

What I mean I feel controlled by a man because he wont let me talk to him but he is hinting at marriage! Also, he sits next to other men so I cant talk to them(as acquainances).
    I feel like he (the controller) is hiding something so I cant get to know him, thats why I feel controlled by this man. Also, did I mention I just barely know him?
    Its like I feel owned by this person, yet he wont talk to me. All I know is his name and age, and he would hardly tell me what he does for a living. Two paragraphs,,then marriage?
    Is something a little odd here?

Warning Signs

That's actually even more confusing, miss clean. When did the subject of marriage come up if he won't let you talk to him?

Warning Signs

That's actually even more confusing, miss clean. When did the subject of marriage come up if he won't let you talk to him?