Advertisement
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Constant Lateness - Dont know where to put this..

Over the past year, my time keeping has been getting from bad to worse, to diabolical. If im going somewhere im about two hrs late, no matter whether ive woken up early or am ready early. Im still late. It has got to the point of my work threatening to sack me for my constant lateness, and im embaressed to say, ive got no reason to be late but i still am. Whether its work, lesiure, or merely popping out iam always late. It sounds a silly thing to complain about but its ruinning my life, IAM ruining mmy life. Ive tried getting up earlier, ive tried organising everything the day before, sleeping earlier.....still late. Does anyone have any ideas?

Over the past year, my time keeping has been getting from bad to worse, to diabolical. If im going somewhere im about two hrs late, no matter whether ive woken up early or am ready early. Im still late. It has got to the point of my work threatening to sack me for my constant lateness, and im embaressed to say, ive got no reason to be late but i still am. Whether its work, lesiure, or merely popping out iam always late. It sounds a silly thing to complain about but its ruinning my life, IAM ruining mmy life. Ive tried getting up earlier, ive tried organising everything the day before, sleeping earlier.....still late. Does anyone have any ideas?

Maybe you are procrastinating, or have less energy, or are more distracted or depressed than usual? What are you doing when you should be at work?

If the problem is being too distracted to remember when it's time to leave, then setting an alarm clock or kitchen timer may help.
    "What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Maybe you are procrastinating, or have less energy, or are more distracted or depressed than usual? What are you doing when you should be at work?

If the problem is being too distracted to remember when it's time to leave, then setting an alarm clock or kitchen timer may help.
    "What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Overcome Chronic Lateness
    by Marty Nemko
    Monster.com Contributing Writer

The cure to chronic lateness depends on what's causing it.

Cause 1: You underestimate how long things take.

Cure: Remember that many things can go wrong. So do what building contractors do: Add 25 to 50 percent to the time you think a task will take.

Cause 2: You enjoy the adrenaline rush of cutting it close.

Cure: Just once, try allowing too much time for a task. For example, if it takes 30 minutes to get to that job interview, allow 45 minutes. You may prefer the peace over the frenzy.

Cause 3: Distractibility or Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD).

Cure: Allow only the minimum time needed to get the task done. The time pressure will help you resist distractions.

What You Could Do Today

If you are chronically late and suffer from any of the above causes, do your best to employ the suggested cures.

Overcome Chronic Lateness
    by Marty Nemko
    Monster.com Contributing Writer

The cure to chronic lateness depends on what's causing it.

Cause 1: You underestimate how long things take.

Cure: Remember that many things can go wrong. So do what building contractors do: Add 25 to 50 percent to the time you think a task will take.

Cause 2: You enjoy the adrenaline rush of cutting it close.

Cure: Just once, try allowing too much time for a task. For example, if it takes 30 minutes to get to that job interview, allow 45 minutes. You may prefer the peace over the frenzy.

Cause 3: Distractibility or Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD).

Cure: Allow only the minimum time needed to get the task done. The time pressure will help you resist distractions.

What You Could Do Today

If you are chronically late and suffer from any of the above causes, do your best to employ the suggested cures.

Thank You Daniel. I tried the alarm thing and it seems to be working sort of. I just fiddle and check things alot before i leave the house. silly really.like i feel i cant just get up and leave.
    Thank you im going to keep trying

Thank You Daniel. I tried the alarm thing and it seems to be working sort of. I just fiddle and check things alot before i leave the house. silly really.like i feel i cant just get up and leave.
    Thank you im going to keep trying

Cin,

I wonder if your regular lateness has to do with some fear you have? Look at what you are thinking about prior to leaving. Take note of your concerns for the day...what you hope to accomplish during the day and the like. Also when did your lateness begin? What happened right before it began? Sorry for all the questions; however, I think these questions might find some idea why you are doing what you are doing. Thanks,

Cin,

I wonder if your regular lateness has to do with some fear you have? Look at what you are thinking about prior to leaving. Take note of your concerns for the day...what you hope to accomplish during the day and the like. Also when did your lateness begin? What happened right before it began? Sorry for all the questions; however, I think these questions might find some idea why you are doing what you are doing. Thanks,

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast