Advertisement
Thanks Thanks:  17
Likes Likes:  7
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Quotes on Therapy

Today, the therapy profession has by and large stepped back from treating the poor. Even our therapy models and methods—ever more technical, time-limited, DSM-focused, and adapted to fit chronically tight reimbursement levels—have lost the expansive, socially supportive orientation typical of the classic community mental health approach.

Mary Sykes Wylie, "Community Mental Health Today" (2015)
    "What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

The healing gesture … is not intended to explain it away or fill in the abyss but simply to affirm that they are not alone, that our common madness is a matter of degree, that we’re all siblings in the same night of truth. The healing gesture is not to explain madness if that means to explain it away but to recognize it as a common fate, to affirm our community and solidarity.

– Phillip Caupto
    "What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

"Psychoanalysis has always been a living fact for me, part of my life blood for more than four decades. Part of a search, an ax to crack the frozen sea within (as Kafka said about writing), a probe, a point of entrée into pain, a breaking through crust, a way to open heart. I went into it because I was desperate and it became part of the way I live."

~ Michael Eigen, The Sensitive Self

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12