Thanks Thanks:  96
Likes Likes:  80
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Quotes on Therapy

Today, the therapy profession has by and large stepped back from treating the poor. Even our therapy models and methods—ever more technical, time-limited, DSM-focused, and adapted to fit chronically tight reimbursement levels—have lost the expansive, socially supportive orientation typical of the classic community mental health approach.

Mary Sykes Wylie, "Community Mental Health Today" (2015)
    “Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing there is a field. I'll meet you there.” ~ Rumi

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The healing gesture … is not intended to explain it away or fill in the abyss but simply to affirm that they are not alone, that our common madness is a matter of degree, that we’re all siblings in the same night of truth. The healing gesture is not to explain madness if that means to explain it away but to recognize it as a common fate, to affirm our community and solidarity.

– Phillip Caupto
    “Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing there is a field. I'll meet you there.” ~ Rumi

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"Psychoanalysis has always been a living fact for me, part of my life blood for more than four decades. Part of a search, an ax to crack the frozen sea within (as Kafka said about writing), a probe, a point of entr?e into pain, a breaking through crust, a way to open heart. I went into it because I was desperate and it became part of the way I live."

~ Michael Eigen, The Sensitive Self

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

“One of the deepest longings of the human soul is to be seen.”

~ John O’Donohue

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

?What clients need is trust that they have the resilience, in themselves, to meet the unknown, to experience it, and to survive.?

~ Mark Yang, 2012, "Pain, Suffering, and Companionship"

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

“I would say that our patients never really despair because of any suffering in itself! Instead, their despair stems in each instance from a doubt as to whether suffering is meaningful. Man is ready and willing to shoulder any suffering as soon and as long as he can see a meaning in it.”

~ Viktor Frankl, 1961, "Logotherapy and the Challenge of Suffering"

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Therapy is often a matter of tipping the first domino. ~ Milton H. Erickson

Psychotherapy isn't a twentieth-century artifice imposed on nature, but the reinstatement of a natural healing process. ~ Patricia Love

Psychotherapy is the art of finding the angel of hope in the midst of terror, despair and madness. ~ Cloe Madanes

Psychotherapy can be one of the greatest and most rewarding adventures, it can bring with it the deepest feelings of personal worth, of purpose and richness in living. ~ Eda Leshan

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

“If my son or daughter were depressed, I’d want them to go to a therapist who can get them dramatic improvements in just a few sessions, not just have them pondering their life for months or years without change.”

~ Dr. David Burns

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"You can have a lot of mental health professionals in an area, but still have a shortage of care for people in need. The person who's hurt is the person who's suicidal, maybe they're horribly addicted to OxyContin or their child is showing signs of bipolar disorder, and they can't find somebody to take their insurance. It's unjust."

~ Stanford psychiatry professor Keith Humphreys, quoted in How Therapy Became A Hobby Of The Wealthy, Out Of Reach For Those In Need (2016)

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"I truly appreciate my clients telling me about their emotional state, even when that state is anger, and even when I am the target of that angry feeling."

~ KATHY MCMAHON, PSY.D., When Clients Get Angry at their Therapist

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast