Thanks Thanks:  135
Likes Likes:  124
Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 LastLast
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Quotes on Therapy

"Shame is the emotional result of believing that I am different from other people in some significant way. Shame is what happens when I no longer believe that people are people and I am one of them."

-- Michael Graham, Facts of Life: Ten Issues of Contentment
    “Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing there is a field. I'll meet you there.” ~ Rumi

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

“The lesson for psychotherapy is that the therapist may well have as great an impact through her presence as she does through her problem-solving skills. Especially when the root of the patient’s emotional predicament lies in the basic fault, in experiences that were preverbal or unremembered and that left traces in the form of absence or emptiness, the therapist’s ability to fill the present moment with relaxed attentiveness is crucial. It is not just that such patients tend to be extraordinarily sensitive to any falseness in relating, but that they need this kind of attention in order to let themselves feel the gap within themselves. It is much too threatening otherwise.”

― Mark Epstein, Thoughts Without a Thinker: Psychotherapy from a Buddhist Perspective
    “Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing there is a field. I'll meet you there.” ~ Rumi

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

“Client(s) come to therapy not because they needed a solution, but because they realized what the solution was, and were terrified.”

~ Walter & Peller, Becoming Solution-focused in Brief Therapy

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"Change results from a crystallization of discontent."

~ unknown

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"Feeling better does not equal getting better."

~ Albert Ellis

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"You do not have to want to stop your current behavior in order to change; you simply have to want something else more."

~ Aldo Pucci

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

“The goal isn’t for the thoughts to be gone. The goal is for the thoughts to be meaningless and ineffective. Recovery is a state where a person’s brain might produce these associations rather than 40 to 50 times a day, to possibly twice a day, sometimes twice a week.”

Pure OCD: When logic is overthrown by nightmare-like thoughts

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"Tell your therapist what you’re feeling, even if it makes you feel vulnerable. Talk about what has helped you feel connected, and what hasn’t. Be as clear as you can about when you’ve felt the alliance strengthen, and even when you’ve felt misunderstood."

~ Loren Soeiro, Ph.D., What Should You Do When You Don't Trust Your Therapist?

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

“Our wounds are often the openings into the best and most beautiful part of us.”

― David Richo, Ph.D.,The Power of Coincidence: How Life Shows Us What We Need to Know

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 LastLast