Thanks Thanks:  130
Likes Likes:  113
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Quotes on Therapy

"The interesting thing about therapy is that none of us really knows what we’re getting into. Not really. Even if we think we have an idea, the actual process of therapy is often different than we expected and what you uncover about yourself is often times very surprising. My advice is to be open to being surprised.”

- Danni Biondini
    “Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing there is a field. I'll meet you there.” ~ Rumi

Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

“The impulse to heal is real and powerful and lies within the client. Our job is to evoke that healing power, to meet its tests and needs and to support it in its expression and development. We are not the healers. We are the context in which healing is inspired.”

– Ron Kurtz
    “Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing there is a field. I'll meet you there.” ~ Rumi

Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

“We teach people that they upset themselves. We can’t change the past, so we change how people are thinking, feeling and behaving today."

- Albert Ellis

Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

“Instead of wondering when our next vacation is we should set up a life we don't need to escape from."

- Seth Godin

Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From a therapist who practices Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT):

We are Human beings, perfect as we are, flawed yes, but not machines to be fixed... By looking together at what our minds tell us, by contrasting that with our actual EXPERIENCE of life, and by contacting what is most important to us - our values - we can peel away from the pernicious agenda to perform an “anxiety-ectomy” or “depression-ectomy,” abandon this stupid and futile project of removing what you don’t like, and get to work on aligning your life with your values. Get to work on changing behaviors to match what we are most deeply committed to in our lives, what we want to be able to write about in our memoirs. That is NOT usually “She never was depressed” or “she defeated her anxiety.” Those never make it into the top 3 bullet points people want in their memoirs. Psychology needs to be about what we care about most: the people, principles and activities that are most worthwhile to us.

- Joseph Rhinewine

Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"I went to the early seminars on cognitive therapy to satisfy myself that it was another approach that wouldn’t work. But I passed the techniques to my patients – and people who’d seemed hopeless and stuck for years began to recover."

- David Burns

Therapy wars: the revenge of Freud | The Guardian

Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

“I left psych nursing because I wanted to be able to participate more in treatment and to see more of a focus on therapy, but that isn't the healthcare climate now...Instead of working with patients and exploring proven therapies like DBT or even group therapy work, the focus is on unit safety and "managing" the more disruptive patients...”

- Carolyn Mallon, RN

23 Mental Health Professionals Interviewed About Their Jobs

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast