Advertisement
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

What is "support"?

When a person in crisis need support, what are they looking for?

[list]Are they looking for sympathy?

Surely sympathy cannot be much of a motivator?

What are the specific elements of providing constructive support to a person in need?[/list:u]
    Steve

Dum spiro spero....While I breathe, I hope

Tourette Canada Forum

What is "support"?

When a person in crisis need support, what are they looking for?

[list]Are they looking for sympathy?

Surely sympathy cannot be much of a motivator?

What are the specific elements of providing constructive support to a person in need?[/list:u]
    Steve

Tourette Canada Forum

What is "support"?

I think that depends a great deal on the person and the nature of the crisis. Different people need different things at different times, don't you think?

What is "support"?

I think that depends a great deal on the person and the nature of the crisis. Different people need different things at different times, don't you think?

I agree with thatlady! depending on the situation the person will need a different kind of support like for example when you break your arm you will need people to help you do certain chores or things then if you brak your leg well then you will nee support to be helped as you walk.. so if you tae an emotionnal distress instead ..So although it is not the same as depression or any other situation that you would need suport in the support is always different depending on the surcomstances
    yours trully
    ashley
    Life is all a perception. Do you see what I see? ...
    The more I fade away, the more they want me to stay...

I agree with thatlady! depending on the situation the person will need a different kind of support like for example when you break your arm you will need people to help you do certain chores or things then if you brak your leg well then you will nee support to be helped as you walk.. so if you tae an emotionnal distress instead ..So although it is not the same as depression or any other situation that you would need suport in the support is always different depending on the surcomstances
    yours trully
    ashley
    Life is all a perception. Do you see what I see? ...
    The more I fade away, the more they want me to stay...

What is "support"?

{{{Different people need different things at different times, don't you think?}}}

What are some of the things that people need?

If this were a training course for would be volunteers visiting patients in every part of a hospital...orthopedics,to obstetrics to cancer to psychiatry...how should they be instructed to interact with their clients?
    Steve

Tourette Canada Forum

What is "support"?

{{{Different people need different things at different times, don't you think?}}}

What are some of the things that people need?

If this were a training course for would be volunteers visiting patients in every part of a hospital...orthopedics,to obstetrics to cancer to psychiatry...how should they be instructed to interact with their clients?
    Steve

Tourette Canada Forum

What is "support"?

understanding, kindness, to feel normal, maybe alone time, someone to talk too...

Depends on the situation, but those are the things I know I look for when something happens.

What is "support"?

understanding, kindness, to feel normal, maybe alone time, someone to talk too...

Depends on the situation, but those are the things I know I look for when something happens.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast