Advertisement
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Depressed, down? is there a difference?

It has been such a long year for me emotionally. Between all the headaches this year and family situations, not sure how much more I can handle.

Dr appt yesterday was informed I need a ultra sound on my thyroid because it is enlarged. Well the part I have left is enlarged.

21 years ago, I had the left side of my thyroid removed. It had a tumor in it. I was cancer free. Now, the left is enlarged.

Not sure how much more I am going to be able to handle with all of this stuff. Pain levels high, which I believe are increasing the headaces. Or maybe just the stress of the year.

Is there a difference between just feeling down and overwhelmed, and being depressed?

It has been such a long year for me emotionally. Between all the headaches this year and family situations, not sure how much more I can handle.

Dr appt yesterday was informed I need a ultra sound on my thyroid because it is enlarged. Well the part I have left is enlarged.

21 years ago, I had the left side of my thyroid removed. It had a tumor in it. I was cancer free. Now, the left is enlarged.

Not sure how much more I am going to be able to handle with all of this stuff. Pain levels high, which I believe are increasing the headaces. Or maybe just the stress of the year.

Is there a difference between just feeling down and overwhelmed, and being depressed?

I'm not for sure. I have always kind of thought that depression is more long term. To me, being down is something that might last a day or so or maybe a week?

When things keep happening and happening to you, then it gets harder to pick yourself back up after awhile.

I'm sorry for all the troubles you're having.

I'm not for sure. I have always kind of thought that depression is more long term. To me, being down is something that might last a day or so or maybe a week?

When things keep happening and happening to you, then it gets harder to pick yourself back up after awhile.

I'm sorry for all the troubles you're having.

Thanks Janet How are you doing? I hope you are doing well.

Thanks Janet How are you doing? I hope you are doing well.

hey! personally I think that yes, being depressed is more LT as Janet said and it interferes with your life on multiple levels. ie. if you're clinically depressed this can affect your motivation, appetite, health, passion, friendships, energy and the list goes on. Being down is obviously very similar, and I mean who knows what the "exact" difference is, but being down is probably more likely to go away after some time and may be due to running out of energy, being tired, being reminded of something bad in the past and then resulting in you feeling down. But being down can definately lead to being depressed if it keeps on happening or becomes more severe. Does this make any sense? It sounds like you have have a lot going on! Definately makes sense why you'd be feeling down.

Is there any way that maybe someone can help you deal with some of this? ie. family wise, by helping you out w/ things there. or just venting to people and being able to get things off of your shoulders may help temporarily (I don't know if you do do that but it definately helps ST!) Can you take anything for your pain?? and the headaches? constant pain sucks. I'm sorry you're going through all of that. If it helps at all, you've made it this far, and through all of the pain in the past... this is not the news you want to be hearing but you know, I swear, life makes no sense. It just happens and people are left to deal w/ it and make choices to best live their lives. Take all the help you can get from others so you're notr as overwhelmed and worn down, that would be my suggestion. Good luck w/ everything!

hey! personally I think that yes, being depressed is more LT as Janet said and it interferes with your life on multiple levels. ie. if you're clinically depressed this can affect your motivation, appetite, health, passion, friendships, energy and the list goes on. Being down is obviously very similar, and I mean who knows what the "exact" difference is, but being down is probably more likely to go away after some time and may be due to running out of energy, being tired, being reminded of something bad in the past and then resulting in you feeling down. But being down can definately lead to being depressed if it keeps on happening or becomes more severe. Does this make any sense? It sounds like you have have a lot going on! Definately makes sense why you'd be feeling down.

Is there any way that maybe someone can help you deal with some of this? ie. family wise, by helping you out w/ things there. or just venting to people and being able to get things off of your shoulders may help temporarily (I don't know if you do do that but it definately helps ST!) Can you take anything for your pain?? and the headaches? constant pain sucks. I'm sorry you're going through all of that. If it helps at all, you've made it this far, and through all of the pain in the past... this is not the news you want to be hearing but you know, I swear, life makes no sense. It just happens and people are left to deal w/ it and make choices to best live their lives. Take all the help you can get from others so you're notr as overwhelmed and worn down, that would be my suggestion. Good luck w/ everything!

Right now, family is a big part of the stress. Added health issues. Needing the ultra sound on the last part of my theyroid I have left. This could be why I am more tired then normal. If the thyroid is enlarged it could be causing more emotional problems on top of what is already here.

I let all know yesterday that family issues could be a big cause as well of the headaches. Yes, the back pain causing the extreme muscle spasams is a big cause, but their constant going back and forth doesn't help.

Most of my friends are online. I do have support with them. And I am grateful for their friendships.

Right now, family is a big part of the stress. Added health issues. Needing the ultra sound on the last part of my theyroid I have left. This could be why I am more tired then normal. If the thyroid is enlarged it could be causing more emotional problems on top of what is already here.

I let all know yesterday that family issues could be a big cause as well of the headaches. Yes, the back pain causing the extreme muscle spasams is a big cause, but their constant going back and forth doesn't help.

Most of my friends are online. I do have support with them. And I am grateful for their friendships.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast