Advertisement
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Is this Bipolar Disorder?

I have a question, does anybody else in here feel happy alot of the time, or at laest not suicidal or overly negative and then you a minuscule bad event occurs (of a low degree) and you feel really down then 20 min later you are all ok again and at times happy.

It happens to me, like I can really get down on very small things that happen around me but then something happens like someone acts friendly towards me, or I watch a good movie and I get boosted by this, in other words I can be happy/ok most of the times but I get really down on small stupid stuff, is this normal? I mean I still get the pessimistic, self-hating thoughts when I am in the 'happy' periods but it kind of doesn't affect me you know? Like I can bear with it.

Plus, I get like weird cravings for stuff like exercise or shopping out of the blue, like tomorrow I can wake up and want to go buy some running shoes or something like that. But then when Im down I crave for nothing I want to die.

What do you guys think?

I have a question, does anybody else in here feel happy alot of the time, or at laest not suicidal or overly negative and then you a minuscule bad event occurs (of a low degree) and you feel really down then 20 min later you are all ok again and at times happy.

It happens to me, like I can really get down on very small things that happen around me but then something happens like someone acts friendly towards me, or I watch a good movie and I get boosted by this, in other words I can be happy/ok most of the times but I get really down on small stupid stuff, is this normal? I mean I still get the pessimistic, self-hating thoughts when I am in the 'happy' periods but it kind of doesn't affect me you know? Like I can bear with it.

Plus, I get like weird cravings for stuff like exercise or shopping out of the blue, like tomorrow I can wake up and want to go buy some running shoes or something like that. But then when Im down I crave for nothing I want to die.

What do you guys think?

It's possible. But it's not the only possibility and it really isn't a good idea to try to diagnose somebody at a distance. There are too many factors that need to be taken into consideration for an accurate diagnosis.

It's possible. But it's not the only possibility and it really isn't a good idea to try to diagnose somebody at a distance. There are too many factors that need to be taken into consideration for an accurate diagnosis.

Are there telltale signs for the disorder or do the symptoms blend into other disorders; making it very hard to discern between them without a personal examination?

Are there telltale signs for the disorder or do the symptoms blend into other disorders; making it very hard to discern between them without a personal examination?

You can look at a list of criteria (Google for DSM-IV or DSM-IV-TR and you'll probably find a few) but that doesn't tell the whole story. You need to look at history and the sometimes tricky issue of what's called "differential diagnosis" -- deciding which of two or more different diagnoses best fits all the available data.

You can look at a list of criteria (Google for DSM-IV or DSM-IV-TR and you'll probably find a few) but that doesn't tell the whole story. You need to look at history and the sometimes tricky issue of what's called "differential diagnosis" -- deciding which of two or more different diagnoses best fits all the available data.

Hi sir, Is it possible to live properly with bipolar disorder? I, suffer this disorder but either it is mild or I have alot of mind control. In the Manic Depressive phases, I feel like killing myself and life sucks etc... but when I have these suicidal thoughts it is more like a joke because I know I would never kill myself. I think there is a stronger bond in my life that overcomes this bipolar disorder, I think my attachment to my family, the world and the few good friends I have is enough to control the different phases of bipolar disorder. Do you belief this is possible? When I mean, live with bipolar disorder I don't mean a miserable existence but to function normally in life, I think it might be. If you feel that I don't know what I am talking about or am in this forum without a real psychological problem, please let me know so I we don't waste anymore of our time.

Hi sir, Is it possible to live properly with bipolar disorder? I, suffer this disorder but either it is mild or I have alot of mind control. In the Manic Depressive phases, I feel like killing myself and life sucks etc... but when I have these suicidal thoughts it is more like a joke because I know I would never kill myself. I think there is a stronger bond in my life that overcomes this bipolar disorder, I think my attachment to my family, the world and the few good friends I have is enough to control the different phases of bipolar disorder. Do you belief this is possible? When I mean, live with bipolar disorder I don't mean a miserable existence but to function normally in life, I think it might be. If you feel that I don't know what I am talking about or am in this forum without a real psychological problem, please let me know so I we don't waste anymore of our time.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast