Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Results 1 to 5 of 5
  1. #1

    Cognitive behaviour therapy

    I went to my doctor again today because I have been having periods where I forget stuff and where I seem to blank out and do things in that period and not remember etc... Well the doctor is getting me to go to have a neurological assessment for that.

    But because I was abused as a child and I often go into periods where I feel suicidal she wants to find me a person who can do Cognitive Behaviour Therapy with me because I only really go to my counsellor about once a month or so, sometimes even less!

    Has anyone done this and does anyone know about it?

    Thanks Heather...

  2. #2

    Cognitive behaviour therapy!

    Most psychologists will have had training in CBT. Try looking under "Psychologists" in the Yellow Pages, or contact the licensing board for psychologists in your area.

  3. #3

    Cognitive behaviour therapy!

    Thanks, the doctor said she would see if there is one at the uni I go to who would take me on, otherwise I will have to do what you said.

    Heather :)

  4. #4

    Cognitive behaviour therapy!

    That's another good place to look, even if you're not a student there. If you are, you may have access to services at little or no cost.

  5. #5

    Cognitive behaviour therapy!

    Thanks for the reply :)

    I am a student there, so we will see.

    Going to counselling tomorrow and next week back to the doctor!


Similar Threads

  1. Behaviour Therapy for Tic Suppression
    By Steve in forum Tourette Syndrome
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: May 11th, 2007, 08:09 PM
  2. - Home of Mindfulness-Based Cognitive Behaviour Therapy
    By David Baxter in forum Health Information on the Internet and in the Media
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: February 17th, 2007, 06:00 PM
  3. Cognitive-Behaviour Therapy for Schizophrenia
    By David Baxter in forum Schizophrenia and Related Disorders
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: May 27th, 2005, 09:16 PM
  4. Rational Emotive Behaviour Therapy
    By just mary in forum Cognitive Behavior Therapy
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: April 20th, 2005, 11:53 AM



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts