Advertisement
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Dreading winter

Dreading winter

The nights are getting darker, as are the mornings and the days, here in England I dread winter, my depression can be bad in summer, but its winter I dread, just feel like sleeping all the time, no energy, general aches and pains, in tears alot. I also put on weight through not doing so much and eating different foods to what I do in summer. I'm just wishing summer to be back again...

Dreading winter.

The nights are getting darker, as are the mornings and the days, here in England I dread winter, my depression can be bad in summer, but its winter I dread, just feel like sleeping all the time, no energy, general aches and pains, in tears alot. I also put on weight through not doing so much and eating different foods to what I do in summer. I'm just wishing summer to be back again...

Dreading winter.

Are you receiving treatment for this? Medications? SAD lights? Have you tried increasing omega-3's in your diet or adding supplements?

What has worked and what hasn't so far?

Dreading winter.

Are you receiving treatment for this? Medications? SAD lights? Have you tried increasing omega-3's in your diet or adding supplements?

What has worked and what hasn't so far?

Dreading winter.

Dr Baxter,
    I dont tolerate anti-depressants well because of side effects, but in the winter usally have to take them because it gets bad, my Doctor gives me either Amtriplyine or Seroxat. I would love to buy one of those lights but they are expensive and as far as I know are not available here free/or low cost. I dont eat meat or fish. the anti-depressants help but its the side effects, Sexorat mades me jittery and cant sleep at all and my appetite goes, had the same with Prozac, I just wish I could find something that doesnt cause to many side effects that make me feel even more poorly than I do anyway.

Dreading winter.

Dr Baxter,
    I dont tolerate anti-depressants well because of side effects, but in the winter usally have to take them because it gets bad, my Doctor gives me either Amtriplyine or Seroxat. I would love to buy one of those lights but they are expensive and as far as I know are not available here free/or low cost. I dont eat meat or fish. the anti-depressants help but its the side effects, Sexorat mades me jittery and cant sleep at all and my appetite goes, had the same with Prozac, I just wish I could find something that doesnt cause to many side effects that make me feel even more poorly than I do anyway.

Dreading winter.

Would you be able to take salmon oil capsules (supplements)? If not, try flax seed oil, although that tends to be hard on the tummy for many people. Also, if you eat dairy you can now get omega-3 supplemented eggs and milk.

Seroxat is paroxetine -- called Paxil in North America. But that is an SSRI and one that people often have difficulty with. There are a number of others in the SSRI family that might be less onerous in terms of side-effects -- Cipralex (escitalopram, aka Lexapro) is one -- or there's also Wellbutrin, which isn't an SSRI at all.

Dreading winter.

Would you be able to take salmon oil capsules (supplements)? If not, try flax seed oil, although that tends to be hard on the tummy for many people. Also, if you eat dairy you can now get omega-3 supplemented eggs and milk.

Seroxat is paroxetine -- called Paxil in North America. But that is an SSRI and one that people often have difficulty with. There are a number of others in the SSRI family that might be less onerous in terms of side-effects -- Cipralex (escitalopram, aka Lexapro) is one -- or there's also Wellbutrin, which isn't an SSRI at all.

Dreading winter.

Other alternatives to improve sleep: trazodone (not a sleeping pill but actually an antidepressant but because it makes people sleepy it isn't used as a primary antidepressant) and a low dose of clonazepam taken at night.

Dreading winter.

Other alternatives to improve sleep: trazodone (not a sleeping pill but actually an antidepressant but because it makes people sleepy it isn't used as a primary antidepressant) and a low dose of clonazepam taken at night.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast