Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lamotrigine

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Lamotrigine

My family DR wouldn't not do it be it's a psychiatric medication and should be done by my psychiatrist who thinks I should 2 weeks of the 100mg pills for The night

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can you contact your pdoc's office and see what suggestions the office staff has to contact your pdoc or help with this situation?

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Your doctor and pdoc should be working together to help you keep stable if one is not available then the other should know your history ect and be able to step in
    I don't know i think all who are involved in your care should work as a team.
    If your pdoc ordered 100mg pills then the pharmacist needs to follow through with that order

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My Dr order 100 mg pills which would mean I would a least have some for at night but not the daytime one. But the Pharmacist talked to the DR and the information he got was I was to get 1 tablet once a day for 2 weeks because because 1 already had 1 tablet once a day at home. But the email I got from my DR says otherwise and I should another Pharmacist the email but she said no.
    I tried telling that to my DR also but is not addressing that situation.
    My Pharmacist has contacting him many time over this issue. But I wonder why my Family Dr would not do it. It would not be changing the dose or anything just the pill form. At least till I deal with my brother's death.
    But I also find I look at all of my pills I take and I am so fed up taking them I think is not helping matters.

And I finally found the right medication and the right dose and I feel they are screwing this up for me

Thanks

Sue

---------- Post Merged at 02:47 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 12:51 PM ----------

I am on vacation till after Labour day. I can chose to the right think and have a great vacation and a good life or chose to do the wrong thing and have a bad vacation and let fear ruin my life.
    My other brother died September 12th 1987. His 25th anniversary of his death is coming up. I am not sure how I will handle that on top of my first brother's death. It always bothered me that they died so young. I know when my first brother died I was 13 years old and for many years I wished it was me that had died instead of him.

Sue

---------- Post Merged at 08:52 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 12:51 PM ----------

Can anybody find me a link about going off lamotrigine? I found some sites but got conflicting answers.
    I will go to the Hospital tomorrow to talk to a DR there and see what he can do for me but want to know in advance what to expect so I can make a better decision. For me I know the answer already I won't take them but I want to be prepared for the symptoms of withdrawal.

Sue

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Lamotrigine/ Update

Well today I went to the E.R to ask the DR if I could get enough of the Lamotrigine 100mg twice a day till I see my DR and she had no problem doing that. She gave me 11 days worth. I see my DR September 5th.

While I was waiting for my medication at the pharmacy I checked my blood pressure. They have a smart card now so I got one 2 weeks back I checked it. It was 157/103. Pretty high but I was under a lot of stress lately and I knew it might be higher but not this high. I have been having some problem with my blood pressure this year. It goes up high then goes down to normal. So I am doing the happy.

Sue

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12