Advertisement
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I hate my meds

I hate my meds

I have been on 300mgs of Effexor for well probably about a year and a half now maybe two years....it was working ok but about a month ago I went on Welbutrin also 300mgs a day....I have been on it for four weeks today and I have been doing a lot worse...sooooo......today I went to my doctor (I get my meds through my family doc) and I told him that I was doing worse...I was passively suicidal, and that my cutting was a lot worse (I had a cut that needed 15 stitches)...and my doctor did nothing...just told me to give it more time...I was like Oh My God...did I hear you right....he's like I'll see you in three months...I was like omg if I'm still alive by then (I didn't say that)...anyway should I give it more time...is the effexor-wellbutrin combo good or not....I'm so sick of being on meds...should I call my doctor in like two weeks and be like ok still not working here....what should I do
    How can you have a beautiful ending without making beautiful mistakes.

I hate my meds

Are you feeling more anxious or just more depressed than usual? When did your depression and/or anxiety worsen after starting Wellbutrin? Are you having other side effects?

Anxiety can increase compulsive behaviors like cutting, and some of the more common side effects of Wellbutrin XL include anxiety and agitation:

Side effects may be more common shortly after you start treatment. The most common side effects with WELLBUTRIN XL are weight loss, loss of appetite, dry mouth, skin rash, sweating, ringing in the ears, shakiness, stomach pain, agitation, anxiety, dizziness, trouble sleeping, muscle pain, nausea, fast heartbeat, sore throat, and urinating more often.

http://www.wellbutrin-xl.com/prescri...e_effects.html
    Personally, I liked the first few days of Wellbutrin. I had so much physical energy that if I didn't run around the block I would feel anxious.
    "What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

I hate my meds

Why was your prescription changed from Effexor to Wellbutrin?
    Steve

Dum spiro spero....While I breathe, I hope

Tourette Canada Forum

I hate my meds

My understanding of Kels' post is that Kels is taking both Effexor 300mg and Wellbutrin 300mg.
    "What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

I hate my meds

Thanks Daniel! I missed the "also" in the message. Will be interested in the reponse to your questions.

Regards
    Steve

Dum spiro spero....While I breathe, I hope

Tourette Canada Forum

I hate my meds

Kels did he start you on 300mg of Wellbutrin right away or have you been gradually building up?

300 is a high dose, and the side effects can you hit like a tonne of bricks. I started at 150 but had to go down to 100 for a month, then went back up to 150 and now I'm fine....but I can't imagine starting at 300.

The first time I was on Wellbutrin we did 100, then 150, then 200, then 300mg with about 6 weeks in between so my body could adjust.

Maybe you need to ask him about gradually building up?
    ~ Allow yourself to be the light that the world so desperately needs. ~ Unknown

I hate my meds

thanks for all who replied...

TSOW: I started on the Wellbutrin because i was still extremely depressed on the effexor alone but my doc couln't increase the dose any more...

Daniel: my depression got worse about two to three weeks into starting on Wellbutrin...alot of other things happened around that time though...

BG: I started at 150mgs for two weeks then went to 300mgs

Thanks again for taking the time to reply and care about me and this issue it means a lot to me!
    Kelsey

I hate my meds

...alot of other things happened around that time though...
    Then, IMHO, your doctor's advice to continue Wellbutrin for the time being seems correct.

I hate my meds

Yeah...I think I'll try it for a while longer...I was pretty angry when I posted this b/c I had just come home from the doctor but now I've had time to cool down and I know that I've always trusted him in the past...anyway...thanks again for taking the time to read this and to reply

I hate my meds

Yes, I know the feeling regarding doctors. I really was spoiled by my first psychiatrist, who had such a great personality. After that, my other psychiatrists seemed rather remote.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast