Advertisement
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast

High Blood pressure

Hi folks ...

How serious is high blood pressure of 170/100 readings?

Thanks ...
    Hugs from Kanadiana ...

High Blood pressure

You should see your doctor or nurse practitioner as soon as you are able. Please let us know what you find out. Take care!

High Blood pressure

Thanks for the very quick reply ;) ... the doc is where I got that reading. The highest in the past was about 140/? ... a couple of years ago. I was just wondering how serious/dangerous my new reading might be. My sister had mini-stroke TIA??? a couple of years ago ... unfortunately HBP runs in the maternal side and I was hoping I'd by-pass that. Guess not !
    Hugs from Kanadiana ...

High Blood pressure

From what I understand 170/100 is not healthy and a stroke waiting to happen. Given the level of stressful events you have experienced recently I would understand your hbp. Please do take care of yourself! Keep us posted.

High Blood pressure

PS: i don't know how high my sisters was when she had her TIA ... and am not about to call her LOL Sibling stuff ... I gotta be in the right mood for her as does everyone else.
    Hugs from Kanadiana ...

High Blood pressure

Quote Originally Posted by comfortzone
    From what I understand 170/100 is not healthy and a stroke waiting to happen. Given the level of stressful events you have experienced recently I would understand your hbp. Please do take care of yourself! Keep us posted.
    Ouch ...

I have to go in for tons of bloodwork and labwork and am seeing a rheumatologist soon as they call me for an appointment. Also have to have a mammogram ... have a nice brand new big fat lymph node in my armpit (a new one which concerns me) I'm not worried about breast cancer or lymphoma as I've had chronically enlarged nodes for years now and a biopsy proved to be benign a few years back ... probably due to inflammatory process of the RA. They even sent the node to a 2nd pathologist for a 2nd opinion because it's hard to differentiate betweem follicular hyperplasia (benign) and folliculr lymphoma (bad news)

Regards stress ... hmmmm ... truthfully these days i feel more 'numb" or some such than stressed.
    Hugs from Kanadiana ...

High Blood pressure

I hope that it is something easily resolved for you. You might feel numb but it might increase your hbp too. My prayers are with you as always.

High Blood pressure

Thanks Bill, i do appreciate your caring ....

I think I'm too tired lately to stress too much. Don't have the energy LOL Feeling numb is more like meaning "can't even think" right now.

Wish i could give my maternal side medical history back to it LOL All my sisters now have HBP too ... I thought I'd either skip it or not get there for a few years yet. Wrong I guess.

Must catch some sleep soon ... you sleep well too ;)
    Hugs from Kanadiana ...

High Blood pressure

170/100 is definitely too high. Hopefully, your doctor will prescribe medication to bring that pressure down and keep it under control. Sometimes, it seems like problems just pile up on us, doesn't it? I know you've been really stressed lately, and now this. Hugs, hon. Please keep us informed.

High Blood pressure

Just be aware that blood pressure isn't static - it varies widely over the course of a day depending on what you're doing. If it's 170/100 over several readings, it's definitely something to take seriously. If it's momentary, get it checked out anyway but it may not be anything to worry about.

Also note that most of those drug store BP machines are erratic in their readings. Again, if you get a few high readings there, get it checked out by a doctor but don't panic - it may be the machine rather than you.

Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast