Advertisement
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Light Therapy?

Light Therapy?

Has anyone tried using light therapy to help depression?

If so, did it work?

Light Therapy?

I have had some clients who believed it was helpful. I think the effect is somewhat mild but as an adjunct to other things it may help.

Light Therapy?

What about tanning salons? My doctor once prescribed me to visit a tanning salon once per week. Heard anything about that? I'll look good, but just think of all the early wrinkle development!

Light Therapy?

Tanning salons use full-spectrum lights - similar to the SAD lights - so yes, they work the same way.

Light Therapy?

Maybe I'll go to the tanning salon. It might have a double whammy effect - give me some light AND make me feel/look better.

I live fairly close to the top of a mountain on the North Shore of BC and therefore the next few months are traditionally very dark ones due to overcast and rain.

Plus my sister's death date is coming up and even though I've been doing a ton of "work" over the past year, I'm still feeling the traditional significant increase in anxiety. So, I'm just trying to cover all my angles.

BUT - it sounds like rushing out to buy one of those expensive lights doesn't make a ton of sense. I can just use the tanning salon :) Thanks.

Light Therapy?

I'm not sure what the "North Shore" means but as a boy I lived in the mountains in BC - Kitimat, Kemano, Terrace, Prince Rupert - great place to be a kid but I think it must have been boring for many teens and adults.

Light Therapy?

ooops - I guess it would be technically the West shores of BC? Anyway, I meant to say that I live on the North Shore of Vancouver :) It's beautiful, but definitely rainy.

You lived in the quieter (and perhaps more beautiful?) places, huh. Did you guys experience lots of rain too or was it just beautiful but cold winters?

Light Therapy?

I'm in the Ottawa Valley now and before that spent time in other snow belts, including Montreal, so my memories of the mountains in BC were of weather similar to England - rainy but temperate - not a lot of snow and it never really seemed to get that cold.

Light Therapy?

I love it here and have a difficult time imagining myself somewhere else, but I'm also really noticing the lack of light for such a long stretch.

Did the lack of sun ever bother you?

Light Therapy?

No... not that I recall. I don't much like cold weather and snow though...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast