Thanks Thanks:  13
Likes Likes:  6
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Medical Marijuana

How long does it take for weed to leave your system?Does it depend on how long/often you partake?

I haven't smoked at all since reading this thread,and I'm just curious how long it will take for it to be completely gone.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I am not sure hun but i do know it stays in your system for days I would think it depends how much you smoke

I also know for testing purposes the hair follicles can be used weeks after and it shows up there to let doc know if one has been using or not at least at CAMH that is how they tested for it.
    Words always stay inside ones soul

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not worried about being tested,well unless I happen to get injured at work or something,cause then I would be tested automatically.

I have just been thinking "OMG,I have drugs in my system.I'm a mother,that makes me awful",and I just want it out of my system.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by forgetmenot View Post
    I am not sure hun but i do know it stays in your system for days I would think it depends how much you smoke

I also know for testing purposes the hair follicles can be used weeks after and it shows up there to let doc know if one has been using or not at least at CAMH that is how they tested for it.
    Thanks for your info.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am also not worried about that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The medical marijuana is "medical" only when prescribed and bought from inspected sources. If you have psychological problems, you might want to avoid marijuana, as it can change the course of mental illness for the worse from what I have read so far. It is astonishing that smoking marijuana does not have as much side effects on the respiratory system, as it does on the nervous system.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have had Chronic Pain for over 5 years now and after a bevy of Opiate Pain meds and alternative therapies (Physio, Massage, Osteo, Acup, etc.) the ONLY thing that takes my focus off of the pain is Medical Cannabis. It has been a life saver for me, and my doctor supports it as well, so does the pain support group I belong to. I have come into contact with so many pain survivors and everyone is using Medical Cannabis and not one has said that it does not help. There are so many good side effects compared to Opiate drugs, which I have lots of past experience with. I also have depression and anxiety and guess what, it helps with that too.

Please note that you don't have to smoke it! I refuse to smoke the bad chemicals from actually burning the herb, so I vaporize it. Anyone considering trying it, do some research on vaporizors. I use a hand held device that heats the herb without combustion, and only the THC/CBD's get released, not the carcinogens.

Here in Canada it is legal to use Medical Cannabis with a doctors prescription and we have great Licensed Producers who are growing pesticide/mold free strains that are under government regulation, with varying degrees of CBD and THC Cannabinoids in them. Lets erase the bad "Stigma" against it, you don't have to get stoned from it, if you choose a low THC strain and high CBD strain. In my opinion it will be the medicine of the future...

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I have been researching i guess about the ways this drug can be given safely really.

New strains that can target certain illnesses Alzheimer seizures cancer pain control and people suffering from PTSD
    Yes it comes in vapour form It can target specific areas of the brain and not have ill effects like the street version does.

It was a doctor that told me to watch a documentary on it i was so naive really still thinking about it as pot a street drug so harmful but these plants are grown by scientist that only take the good parts of the plant and use it to help people who are suffering very controlled research it is.
    Words always stay inside ones soul

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't know. I was looking at hard science in the medical journals that I have access to (quite a few), and I also had a chat with some MDs on the issue, since it is an interesting one. Basically, there is not enough scientific evidence yet for the most common uses of Medical Marijuana.
    What they do know is, that it is not the magic cure for everything and it doesn't affect everyone the same way, meaning response to it is variable and inconsistent.
    Regardless, Marijuana will be legal in Canada pretty soon, according to the new Prime Minister, so anybody could buy some and use it any way they like. I will not be one of the first customers eager to experiment with my health, just a personal stand. But I understand it helps some people and any new drug that helps is a wonderful invention.
    On the side note, there has been so little progress made in inventing new drugs this century, it is plain painful. Most of the major pharmaceutical drugs were "discovered" and approved some generations ago.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know there is minimal hard science on it, but I think that is changing...once science catches up to how Cannabis helps so many people, I think they will be forced to look at it hard. Don't get me started on Pharmaceuticals, lol...I have tried lots, and like one Osteo/Physiotherapist said to me "they are chemical poison", I firmly believe that is true based on the many bad side effects I have had to deal with for many years while using Pharmaceuticals.

While with Cannabis, I can only recount the good side effects.

Have a look at the Human Bodies natural endocannabinoid system, seems interesting to me that a natural plant (Cannabis) can enhance that system, the natural cannabinoid system that protects cells against viruses, harmful bacteria, cancer, and other malignancies. Cannabinoids are even in Human Breast Milk, why does science not talk about that? I have done alot of research prior to using Medical Cannabis for pain, and I can't find anything negative about it.

Have a read of this article, I think it sums up some of my points... http://norml.org/library/item/introd...abinoid-system

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast