Advertisement
Thanks Thanks:  18
Likes Likes:  6
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Introduction to Cognitive Behavior Therapy (CBT)

Is it possible to talk to your mind/brain into helping you change your behavior?
    I suppose anything is possible through self help programs; however the problem with self help is on our own we are not likely to be objective about our issues.

It would be like a doctor wanting to treat him/her self, or a lawyer defending him/herself in court.

In order to achieve meaningful change, it is my view that we need to work with an independent third party, someone unconnected with us, who is trained in determining our issues. That person is generally a medical professional, preferably a psychologist who knows the questions to ask, and to interpret the answers into a competent diagnosis and treatment plan.

You and I are about the same vintage, HighStrung and I can tell you there's no shortcut to dealing with the kinds of issues you've been describing. The good news is that these issues can be resolved through therapy, and you owe it to yourself to enjoy the best possible quality of life for the many years you have remaining on this planet.
    Steve

Dum spiro spero....While I breathe, I hope

Re: Introduction to Cognitive Behavior Therapy (CBT)

Thank you Steve and all you have stated. I have two doctors one medical one psychiatry. Paul or use to be high strung

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12